Dumb stuff in the Support Queue

Started by icecream-guy, June 26, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

I almost fell out of my chair,

User request that when VPN"d into the network from their personal computer, when logged into Citrix, and Outlook opened, the want the new mail and other email alerts sounds to be presented on their local computer, so they have a sound alert when a new email arrives.

Next best was a user that wanted access to a site denied by proxy that will provide them with organization tools, scheduling, note taking and other resources, that are available to them via the standard GFE image.....   They requested a proxy waiver....

what dumb stuff have you seen in the support queues lately?

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

People standing up two servers on the same subnet in the data center and requesting a firewall rule permit all traffic between those servers... After explaining that no rule is needed, "Well, could you make the rule, anyway, just in case?"

:wall:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

wintermute000

there actually is a citrix product or plugin or doohickey that plays citrix sounds in your normal PC, like audio over RDP. But yes not a packet pusher's problem....

deanwebb

Outside vendors that practice "shaggy dog" ticket management. Submit a ticket with a mistake, they kick it back to you because of the mistake. You fix it, and... they kick it back to you again because there's *another* mistake. You fix that, and guess what, it will be kicked back to you five more times because you have five more mistakes.

Worse, the kickback happens in hour 71 of the 72-hour SLA, so they never breach SLAs.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Reggle

I once had a 'printer out of paper' one because, well, it's a network printer of course.