Main Menu

LinkedIn

Started by Nerm, July 02, 2015, 08:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on July 05, 2015, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: AspiringNetworker on July 04, 2015, 02:55:50 PM
Quote from: deanwebb on July 04, 2015, 01:24:10 PM
He's one of the fathers of modern computing, that's all. Alan Turing did loads of security stuff at Bletchley Park, which any self-respecting computer geek should know about.

Ah, hence why the name sounds familiar.  Guess I'm not a computer geek.
Don't worry, there's hope for you. You've already shown capability at derailing a topic, which is a prime skill for computer geeks. Also, you use Google. :dance:

What were we talking about, now?  Aliens?
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

Yes, we're seeing if intelligent life on other planets uses LinkedIn.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Nerm

Quote from: deanwebb on July 05, 2015, 05:45:41 PM
Yes, we're seeing if intelligent life on other planets uses LinkedIn.

I have seen a few on there that I think would qualify lol.

I knew who Alan Turing was I had just never heard of the turing test or at least if I had I had forgotten about it.

Chev Chellios

I thought the Turing test was how to significantly shorten the war and save civilization from the Nazi's then get utterly shafted by your government after the war was over?

icecream-guy

Quote from: Chev Chellios on July 08, 2015, 03:44:06 AM
... how to significantly shorten the war and save civilization from the Nazi's then get utterly shafted by your government after the war was over?

I think  you are talking about the enigma machine?
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Chev Chellios

Yes, the test was breaking the enigma machine, well the code anyway!