Weekend thread!!!! 7/3/15

Started by LynK, July 02, 2015, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynK

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

holy crap man. This week has been ridiculous. To top it all off... walk in this morning to a Verizon DNS routing issue in the big apple effecting MANNNNNY people.

Lets just say I am ready for:

1) Spending time with my freaking amazing woman all weekend
2) The beach tomorrow
3)Cookout and pool party saturday
4) Bachelor party sunday

Guess what guys!?!? My company just bought me an all-inclusive CCNP bootcamp (vouchers included)! HECK YEAH! So... studying for my route v2 exam here and there.

:cheers: :cheers: enjoy your weekend!
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

Massages with the missus on Friday, fireworks with the family on Saturday, Church with the congregation on Sunday... lots of alliteration for me this weekend. That fact that I do a radio show with Ranger Rita on Saturday mornings only adds to my alliteration situation.

Alliteration situation? Looks like it's also rhyme time for me. Whee.

:awesome:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

SofaKing

Ripping up carpet and painting the inside of my old house.  Hoping the work pays off and the house sells fast :)
Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

wintermute000

Reading vcp material, zzzzz screenshots , got to finish another ine lab so ccie practise doesn't completely die in the ass whilst I knock out these vmware certs

Otanx

Two July 4th parties to attend. Study for the VCP-NV exam. Putter around the house fixing a few minor things. Relaxing weekend really.

-Otanx

that1guy15

labbing
Science learning center tomorrow w/ kids
drink
labbing
cook out and pool part with kids and family
drink
labbing
clean the house
drink
labbing
labbing
sleep and hope monday comes soon.

Have a great weekend everyone !
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

icecream-guy

10 pound pork shoulder in the smoker now, when done, it turns into BBQ and it goes to the party tomorrow.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Dammit.

Had to log on and do some work. Stoopid virtual network appliances.

In another, related note: stoopid java version incompatibility conflicts.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Quote from: ristau5741 on July 03, 2015, 09:59:39 AM
10 pound pork shoulder in the smoker now, when done, it turns into BBQ and it goes to the party tomorrow.

came out awesome.

Here is what I did,

brined it in a sugar/salt water mix for 24 hours, threw in a bunch of basil because I had it. put it in the fridge
after the 24 hours, rinsed it off with water, ribbed with dijon mustard and rubbed with my special home made rub,
wrapped in plastiv and put back in fridge for 12 more hours, overnight.  next day, put in on the smoker
at about 230 degrees for 9 hours, as it was getting late, took it off, and put it in the oven at 230 for 3 more hours
till the meat got up to 195 degrees, wrapped it in foil and place in a cooler for an hour or so. when done. shredded. and added bob gibson championship red sauce and mixed it all up.

Nerm

Quote from: ristau5741 on July 06, 2015, 07:01:28 AM
Quote from: ristau5741 on July 03, 2015, 09:59:39 AM

came out awesome.

Here is what I did,

brined it in a sugar/salt water mix for 24 hours, threw in a bunch of basil because I had it. put it in the fridge
after the 24 hours, rinsed it off with water, ribbed with dijon mustard and rubbed with my special home made rub,
wrapped in plastiv and put back in fridge for 12 more hours, overnight.  next day, put in on the smoker
at about 230 degrees for 9 hours, as it was getting late, took it off, and put it in the oven at 230 for 3 more hours
till the meat got up to 195 degrees, wrapped it in foil and place in a cooler for an hour or so. when done. shredded. and added bob gibson championship red sauce and mixed it all up.

Sounds pretty good. Now I am hungry lol.

that1guy15

Nice! Never tried brining beef before. Sounds good though!

Thats a quick smoke for a 10lbs butt. What do you use for a smoker? Usually it takes me upwards of 20Hrs to smoke a 10lbs.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

icecream-guy

I have a brinkman smoker with a side firebox.  basic big box store smoker , with a few adjustments,  mainly used wood for the heat source, oak and hickory. and maybe the temps got a little over the 230 mark a few times, trying to meet the 4/140 rule.