17 July 2015... The Weekend Report

Started by deanwebb, July 17, 2015, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

I get to look over ordering up a Telegu phrasebook for my upcoming trip to Hyderabad in October. I've been wanting to go to India, so I'm stoked.  :rock:

Also doing the radio show with my mom on Saturday morning and likely as not doing some cleaning around the house. My wife got a book on this Japanese method of cleaning and organizing, and it's amazing. I'm actually looking forward to doing some cleaning.  :wtf:

EDIT: Also, massages for me and the missus.  :joy: We've got a membership at a massage chain, go in about once a month, but we've missed months in the past, so we get to carry those forward and double up on the relaxation every now and then.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

routerdork

The previous owners of my house built up a mound in the back on which to put a 12x16 concrete pad for a dog kennel. It caused some drainage issues with the whole yard and with the heavy rains we had this Spring came close to entering the basement too. After a rain my yard is like a swamp for a good 3-5 days. So this weekend I'll be busting up the concrete and then in a week or two I'll be digging out the whole back yard and re-doing retaining walls.

Also bought a new to me off-lease-return truck a few weeks ago and the warning light came on to replace the fuel filters as soon as it hit 30k so as soon as they arrive I'll be changing those out.

I'm sure with the nice weather we are having we'll be grilling at some point.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

Nerm

I drew the short straw and have to work Saturday. Sunday I am going to work around the house and get caught up on some much needed yard work. It has been so wet I haven't been able to do much.