Infidelity site Ashley Madison hacked as attackers demand total shutdown

Started by wintermute000, July 20, 2015, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wintermute000

http://gu.com/p/4az3k?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tapatalk

Hahahahahahaha morality aside, sure I'll put super secret potentially divorce causing info on a random website and trust them with this info lolololol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

NetworkGroover

Quote from: wintermute000 on July 20, 2015, 05:10:47 PM

http://gu.com/p/4az3k?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tapatalk

Hahahahahahaha morality aside, sure I'll put super secret potentially divorce causing info on a random website and trust them with this info lolololol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I hate those commercials... You know it's funny - Ashley Madison is a perfect example of our society today.  Everyone supposedly has morals and it's so evil to commit adultery, but of course sites like this are wildly successful... little hypocritical.

I don't see the issue with Cougar Life and Established Men - I don't believe they openly encourage infidelity - at least not directly.  Pretty sure it's just old ladies looking for young dudes and rich dudes looking for trophy girlfriends.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

wintermute000

dlots

It's a good lesson for people about trusting the internet.
I will say that I bet they could have made alot of money for blackmail material. "1 bit coin and we remove you from the list we release"

deanwebb

Cougar Life did not have to shut down, Established Men did.

The hackers also noted that supposedly deleted accounts, weren't. Guys paid $19.99 to have all their info erased, and the site owners just pocketed the cash.

Moral of the story: If you want to cheat, do it the old fashioned way, as part of a CIA covert op to study the effects of LSD. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Midnight_Climax

Moral of *that* story, and a handful of others: Everyone views the Johns as potential targets. Everyone.

:tmyk:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

hizzo3

I foresee a class action suit on the pay-for-delete-and-don't issue. Otherwise, curious what the hackers have planned with this treasure trove... Blackmail no doubt.

deanwebb

Or public embarrassment / shaming. Imagine if they found a judge or politician in that database. Hoo-hah!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on July 21, 2015, 11:37:47 AM
Or public embarrassment / shaming. Imagine if they found a judge or politician in that database. Hoo-hah!

Is it even a surprise at this point.... I'd be more surprised if they didn't.

EDIT - Actually I would be surprised.  They probably have a hotline they call rather than having to resort to search websites.

hizzo3

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on July 21, 2015, 05:52:35 PM
Quote from: deanwebb on July 21, 2015, 11:37:47 AM

Is it even a surprise at this point.... I'd be more surprised if they didn't.

EDIT - Actually I would be surprised.  They probably have a hotline they call rather than having to resort to search websites.
That was supposed to be a 'Black' project. How did you find out?

Otanx

I would be interested in seeing a cross reference between the OPM data and this. How many are on both lists? Another fun one would be *.mil and *.gov addresses listed in this breach. Even just a list of domains of registered accounts. Could even leave off the user names. City/State/Zip of billing information? See what city cheats the most? Tons of fun.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Quote from: Otanx on July 21, 2015, 09:25:37 PM
I would be interested in seeing a cross reference between the OPM data and this. How many are on both lists? Another fun one would be *.mil and *.gov addresses listed in this breach. Even just a list of domains of registered accounts. Could even leave off the user names. City/State/Zip of billing information? See what city cheats the most? Tons of fun.

-Otanx

Big Data meets Big Hacking.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on July 22, 2015, 09:37:01 AM
Quote from: Otanx on July 21, 2015, 09:25:37 PM

-Otanx

Big Data meets Big Hacking.

which is which?  I'm confused
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

And the data analysis begins... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-22/ottawans-outed-1-5-found-be-cheating-dirtbags-who-deserve-no-discretion

20% of Ottawa's population is registered at Ashley Madison. :drama:

And there is *quite* a density of membership in the postal code corresponding to where most members of Parliament live...  :problem?:

deanwebb

NetworkGroover

15k belonging to .mil and .gov addresses... shocker.

Idiots - why on earth would you use your work email?  Even to hide from your wife?  Make yahoo account or something!