MS Outlook and Teams Disconnect

Started by AggelosNes, March 28, 2022, 04:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AggelosNes

Hello team , i am a new member in the forum , also i am a new member in the IT team of the company i work for.
I need your help because this role is also new for me.

We are using FortiClient , and one of our new users the time he connects to Forticlient,  the Outlook and Teams are disconnecting (also loses internet access, but this is company's policy).
He is getting an IP from the right pool.

Do you have any ideas to find the root cause ?

Thank you !

icecream-guy

could be many reasons, can you provide more details?
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

AggelosNes

:-[

i don't know where to start.

do you want something specific that could help ?

Otanx

It could be anything.

- Has he tried from another location? Maybe his local internet isn't great.
- Has he tried from another laptop? Maybe the laptop has an issue.
- Have other users tried from the same location/laptop? Might be an issue with the users account or profile.
- Are multiple users having the same problem? Then it might be the firewall, or something common between them.

That should give you some paths to go down.

-Otanx

deanwebb

If all the Internet is cut off, then all the access to cloud apps is cut off UNLESS there is a route with permissions to those apps from inside the organization for VPN users.

This is a problem that CASB/SASE/SSE vendors address - products include Netskope and Zscaler, about 30+ others.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.