Cannot set up eve-ng images

Started by Vega45, April 15, 2022, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vega45

Hi all

Recently i have installed the eve-ng an uploadad tje image and config as tutorials shows, but when i login to eve-ng on the browser the image for device is still not available on the list. Any else with the same issue?

deanwebb

Have not used that product before, but it does look interesting. Which device are you trying to access on your list?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Vega45

Quote from: deanwebb on April 16, 2022, 01:37:14 PM
Have not used that product before, but it does look interesting. Which device are you trying to access on your list?
huaweine40 using VMWare to upload the eveng VM

deanwebb

So if you have other things available on the list, my guess is that something is either configured incorrectly or, if correctly configured, is incompatible with the product.

For the second question, is there a compatibility list for what works with the product?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

Quote from: Vega45 on April 15, 2022, 03:58:10 PM
Hi all

Recently i have installed the eve-ng an uploadad tje image and config as tutorials shows, but when i login to eve-ng on the browser the image for device is still not available on the list. Any else with the same issue?

I found that I needed to follow their (eve-ng) documentation exactly to have the image available to select in the gui. I'm not sure how it works exactly but you cant just throw any image in there and expect it to work.