Can you make an educated guess what concepts are we expected to learn here?

Started by blueberry123, June 12, 2022, 03:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueberry123

QuoteIntranets Resource Assessments: Network Infrastructure, Clients andServer Resources

Protocols, Structure and Scope of Networks

The full chapter is this-:

QuoteInternet and Intranet Systems Development (6 hours)

Introductions

Benefits and drawbacks of intranets

Intranets Resource Assessments: Network Infrastructure, Clients andServer Resources

Intranet Implementation Guidelines

Content Design, Development, Publishing and Management

Intranet Design with Open source Tools: DRUPAL, UMLA

Tunneling Protocols. VPN
I am asking coz these things are not included in our teacher's slides. If you are eager to see it, here are they-:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SH9buT91POy-MqvsYD4CT40Fgh8cHPTr/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WO81kwHQy4E1gFQnvP12_pYcYgMCTYKt/view

I don't have any teachers atm and the I have exhausted all the resources that I have to figure what they might be saying. Ofc there is no such thing as someone accurately being able to tell "Yes this is this exactly 100%". But I want your educated guess on what could these topics (those 2 at the top) expecting students to learn? What are they about. I am the only one studying this course so I don't have any friends as well.

icecream-guy

Quote from: blueberry123 on June 12, 2022, 03:40:35 AM

consider reading
Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1
Routing TCP/IP, Volume II
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Dieselboy

Quote from: blueberry123 on June 12, 2022, 03:40:35 AM
I don't have any friends as well.

Welcome to my world!

> Internet and Intranet Systems Development

Read up what the differences are between INTRA-net and INTER-net

The rest of it looks like it surrounds intranet and you'll need to look at something like drupal to set up an intranet (hint, an intranet site is basically a private website though it isnt simply that).

Tunnelling protocols - VPN - I guess learn what a VPN is and differences between them?

deanwebb

The chapter is wide-ranging, likely an introduction. It covers not just the networking aspects, but also the hierarchy of client-server applications and how to manage them. That discussion should include info on API proxies and gateways.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.