Current frustration...

Started by deanwebb, September 08, 2015, 10:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

Troubleshooting a IPv6 routing issue for 4 hours and then finding out it's a...a..... Cisco bug..... :twitch:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

OUCH

Man, that's gotta hurt.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

default route ::0/0 wasn't propagating, next hop wasn't available on the active, but it was on the standby. Fail over fixed it temporarily.

Nerm

So I am in China helping the locals migrate off of a flat /21 to a properly designed network. While here I am taken to visit another location of ours and find that the core switch is an unmanaged netgear. lol.....this trip is very eye opening and sometimes sad all at once.

deanwebb

Quote from: Nerm on September 25, 2017, 11:13:20 PM
So I am in China helping the locals migrate off of a flat /21 to a properly designed network. While here I am taken to visit another location of ours and find that the core switch is an unmanaged netgear. lol.....this trip is very eye opening and sometimes sad all at once.

:jackie-chan:
WHY DIDN'T THEY USE A BELKIN?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

icecream-guy

rebuilding my FPR-4140-K9 today:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/fxos221/cli-guide/b_CLI_ConfigGuide_FXOS_221/troubleshooting.html

I followed most of the steps without issue but I get stuck here.

Step 9 of 11

FPR4100-EVAL1-A# scope fabric-interconnect a
FPR4100-EVAL1-A /fabric-interconnect* # show version
Fabric Interconnect A:
    Running-Kern-Vers: 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64)
    Running-Sys-Vers: 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64)
    Package-Vers:
    Startup-Kern-Vers:
    Startup-Sys-Vers:
    Act-Kern-Status: Ready
    Act-Sys-Status: Ready
    Bootloader-Vers:

FPR4100-EVAL1-A /fabric-interconnect* # activate firmware system 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64) kernel-version 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64)
Warning: When committed this command will reset the end-point

FPR4100-EVAL1-A /fabric-interconnect* # commit-buffer
Error: Update failed: [Unable to find switch kernel image for Vendor Cisco Systems, Inc., Model FPR-4140-SUP and Version 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64)]

FPR4100-EVAL1-A /fabric-interconnect* # show version
Fabric Interconnect A:
    Running-Kern-Vers: 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64)
    Running-Sys-Vers: 5.0(3)N2(4.21.64)
    Package-Vers:
    Startup-Kern-Vers:
    Startup-Sys-Vers:
    Act-Kern-Status: Ready
    Act-Sys-Status: Ready
    Bootloader-Vers:

--
Any ideas? (other than don't reboot)

deanwebb

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on September 26, 2017, 01:23:17 PM
Check the integrity of the image, possibly restart process if there are issues with image integrity? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/fxos221/cli-guide/b_CLI_ConfigGuide_FXOS_221/image_management.html#topic_903C3296477343699E65B97FB6EB5FE8

yeah, I found that link yesterday, and was going through it , unfortunately I don' t have access to download the image.....somebody forgot to add SmartNet to the PO for our new 4110's*. so I've got to go around through the back door and get entitlement.

* oh, that's another good frustration

deanwebb

icecream-guy

developers that don't know about hosts.allow on the unix severs they need to ssh to; and they swear up and down that the firewall is blocking  access.

deanwebb

All day long, I've been trying to get ESXi on my lab server without using a DVD. Finally got it on by juggling boot order for the HDDs and getting it on a bootable flash drive.

Dell iDRAC could have saved me, but for incompatible Java versions.

Java... Java makes me say...

:rage:

deanwebb

Customer is frustrated with internal processes, then I get frustrated, too.

We share the sad.

:boohoo:

Then the PM gets engaged and finds out we're behind schedule and we face, together:

:disappoint:

SimonV

Microsoft Azure
Check Point firewalls
These two combined.

deanwebb

Quote from: SimonV on October 27, 2017, 04:26:40 AM
Microsoft Azure
Check Point firewalls
These two combined.

:ckfacepalm:

This one is most likely the one that matches that condition.

icecream-guy

my work laptop crashed earlier in the week,  1/2 recovered with some old backups  but lost alot of data. The desktop tech was able to access  the hard drive and scrape off some important files I needed. I've been living off a loaner for a few days living in a hazy cloud waiting for my laptop to be reimaged, then I've got to spend half a day reinstalling all the custom configurations I had been running.

See Today I learned thread for more....