Free firewall software for Godaddy hosted site?

Started by mrome74, October 31, 2022, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrome74

Hi folks.

I'm looking for free firewall software to install on my Godaddy website because it continues to get hacked. (the hacker installs a rouge index.php filr every 48 hours.)

May you please provide any free firewall software suggestions?

Thank you! :)
CCNP, CSIS

Dieselboy

I'd suggest you raise this with Godaddy, they should be protecting you as a customer and their infrastructure in my opinion. They should be able to offer advices to lock the site down. Do you really need to allow any source IP to reach the admin section of the site? Most websites have a very basic firewall where you can permit / block.

deanwebb

It could also be that the admin credentials are compromised. Change your password and check to see if other accounts got created. Delete them all except the one you use.

If others need access, then they get to have new accounts and THIS TIME they better get strong passwords. Multi-factor authentication at login is even better, get that if you can.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.