open website from our server from internet

Started by kayba, November 10, 2022, 04:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayba

hi
in our office we install a software. its web base and users type address in browser. its like a website.
we have home group network. then add a hp server and windows server.
i active dns server. in server ip like: 192.168.1.10
wen in the user computer change the dns server  and type erp.myaddres.com site work as well.
but i want everyone in my Local Network without change dns server use the dns server.
- for next level use the static ip for open this site from internet.
pm: sorry for my english.

deanwebb

Please tell me you have a firewall in between the web server and the Internet connection. If you do not, you are going to suffer a security breach very very soon, if not already.

You will also want a firewall between the web server and the rest of the network. It can be the same firewall as the first one if cost is an issue - just have inbound and outbound traffic routed out different firewall interfaces so it can be inspected and filtered.

The firewall can use the static IP that your Internet provider provides and allow connections to erp.myaddress.com to pass to the web server. Internal connections would be handled by the internal DNS server. HOWEVER, if erp.myaddress.com is reachable from the Internet, you may want the same web interface to be available on your internal DNS domain if it is something like myaddress.net instead of .com for security's sake.

(Hello, I do lots of security stuff. :D )

Speaking of security, it may be desirable to have the web server hosted in the cloud with a SASE system in front of it, like ZScaler or Netskope or Palo Alto Prisma Cloud. That way, the web server is easier to access by all users and security is shifted off your local site to a single cloud gateway.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.