How to implement a proxy client

Started by yuvzohar, December 13, 2022, 04:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuvzohar

hello,

I'm willing to implement a proxy client which needs to support common proxy servers in enterprise companies.
Since my knowledge of Proxy servers is pretty basic I'll be glad for some help here:

I'd like to be able to connect with HTTP(s) and SOCK(4/5) proxy servers. 
Also, I'd like to be able supporting authentication.
What authentication types should I support with each case (HTTP vs SOCK)?
What other type of capabilities should I implement in order for this to work properly?

Thanks in advanced.

Dieselboy

What's the use-case?

I'm not sure about proxy-client, usually they come built in to the OS/app/browser ?

Or do you need a proxy server instead? Something like this? https://duo.com/docs/dng

deanwebb

Most proxy servers just ask that browsers or apps be set to go to their IP address or URL for a proxy session to be set up. No real need to make an independent proxy app, when the browser does the job already.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.