Connection to a second remote site via VPN

Started by mircot80, May 10, 2023, 04:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mircot80

Hello.
I have a question about a VPN connection.
I have a router1 FritzBox 7590 with static public ip and LAN 192.168.0.0/24 .
Then I have a router2 FritzBox 7590 with dynamic natted ip and LAN 192.168.188.0/24 .
Between the 2 routers I configured an ipsec VPN and it works fine.
From an external notebook LAN 192.168.1.0/24 I connect via a wireguard vpn to router1 and I can connect to the 192.168.0.0/24 network but not to the 192.168.188.0/24 network.
Is there any configuration I can do to make it work?
Thank you.

mircot80

I'm an idiot.

In Wireguard I had not added 192.168.188.0/24 in AllowedIPs in the client.

icecream-guy

thats all right we all have brain farts every so often.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Dieselboy

Often, I find it helps just to logically step through the notions with the intent to create a post asking for help. But the fact that I've needed to think about it again from start to end to allow me to create the post often triggers me to find the solution as well.

Glad you got it sorted :)

deanwebb

More than once, I've started a detailed description of a problem as I'm about to open a support ticket and then, knowing that support will ask me certain questions, I go to get that info and then... oops... looks like I missed a step, there... :D

Absolutely no shame in getting the answer yourself because you asked the question out loud.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Got to get a rubber duck to put on your desk. Mine solves so many issues he probably should get a raise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging

-Otanx

deanwebb

I love that! And those inanimate objects have infinite capacity to listen without judging.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.