Patch Cable Issue

Started by ptacrp, May 13, 2023, 11:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptacrp

I am new to making patch cables. I am using Cat6 and every time I try, I hook it up to my Klein Scout Pro 3 and it shows a "split", and the bottom 3456 are flashing. I can't for the life of me figure out why. I'm using the T568B wiring configuration. Both ends are wired white/orange, orange, white/green, blue, white/blue, green, white/brown, brown. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

deanwebb

I'm looking at https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2298050-ethernet-cable-split-pair-problem-it-is-not-a-split-pair and see the old question: is this a straight-through or a crossover cable you're making? If it's a straight-through cable, is the tester set to check for straight-through or is it defaulting to a crossover test?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.