What Are You Gaming Right Now?

Started by deanwebb, August 23, 2023, 08:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

For me, it's Baldur's Gate 3, really hard. MAN this is a great game. I've put in 127 hours since release and loved all them hours, so hell yes that's value for my entertainment dollar.

I like dealing out remote damage, so I have a party with a rogue, 2 rangers, and a sorcerer. Hand crossbows are the way to go in this game. Coupled with the sharpshooter feat, they can deal out massive damage and the battle's over in a round.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Playing Borderlands 3 right now. Local split screen co-op so both my wife and I can play. Finished story line the other day. Now working through the side quests, and achievement hunting. I started playing it becasue it was a free download with the PS subscription. The free play ended this month. Went to buy a copy to keep playing, but it was $60. So instead we drove halfway across town to a Gamestop that had a used copy in stock for $2.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Lol, talk about value for the dollar!

I wanted to do co-op on BG3 with my wife, but it meant both of us using a controller. I'm usually a mouse 'n' keyboard guy, so I'll have to first have to learn how to speak controller on the game before I can even begin to think of teaching her how to hit the A button.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

icecream-guy

Computer dominoes. draw and block. I seem to prefer block.

My buddy is always talking about Star Citizen, he's been a tester for years, it's still in development.  My hardware doesn't meet game requirements so I don't play.

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Star Citizen's been in dev since 2010... just read that and I thought... WOW... I thought all those years of BG3 in early release were long... :D

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on August 24, 2023, 10:13:35 AMStar Citizen's been in dev since 2010... just read that and I thought... WOW... I thought all those years of BG3 in early release were long... :D

yea it seems to be in perpetual development, my impression is that there is a lot of developer infighting, trying to agree on a final plan, but can't.  one side wants production release, the other want to continually add new features before release. IMHO
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

At one point, you have to choose to fish or to cut bait.

Which is where I'm at with Cities: Skylines 2. I loved CS1, but when I see actual CS2 gameplay, it looks like CS1 with a modernized (recolored, restyled, functionally the same) GUI. The fact that it's using graphics cards made 8 years after the release of the first game and it looks pretty much the same makes me scratch my head really hard about wanting this game.

config t

Now that I am back in the states, lots of BG3. There are some excellent mods out there for it.
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

I bought Cities 2 and got my first refund ever for a Steam game about 2 hours later.  :twitch: