Did You See That Ludicrous Display Last Night?

Started by deanwebb, January 07, 2015, 12:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Gravedig because I can!

Watching the Philadelphia Eagles vs. Minnesota Vikings... losing count of how many turnovers have happened in this game! Did someone coat the ball with soap or something? Fun game to watch, even if the Eagles are winning...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

What UK football team does your mate support?

deanwebb

Quote from: Dieselboy on October 28, 2016, 06:23:08 AM
What UK football team does your mate support?

Whichever one Maurice Moss supports... Which is whatever team Roy Trenneman supports...

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

Saw Green Bay - Atlanta and Dallas - Philadelphia yesterday, both great games.

Except... the No Fun League enforcement of "excessive celebration" after big plays. NFL needs to realize that people are going to celebrate after big accomplishments. Excessive celebration should mean organized choreography, live music, human sacrifice... not spiking the ball and making a few exuberant moves. I mean, if the officials STILL can't figure out exactly what a catch is, why should they waste time on excessive celebration flags?

Also, both games had 12th man penalties - one extra player on the field for a side, usually because the guy coming out for a substitution didn't get to the sideline fast enough. Coaches, a note, if you will... make your players coming out RUN, not walk or jog or prance, but RUN to the sidelines, in a direct perpendicular to the sideline. Anything less than a run or a route less direct than the perpendicular means risking five yards if the offense gets its act together and snaps the ball. I'd have players that draw that foul do wind sprints all day on Monday until they learned the importance of running in a straight line in such situations.

My last note on low football IQ... PROTIP: if you're catching the kickoff and you're in the endzone, ANYWHERE in the endzone, take a knee and the spot on the 25 yard line. Lucky Whitehead was 3 yards into the endzone, ran the ball, and fumbled it on his own 20. Dallas recovered the ball, but it was still 5 yards short of where it could have been, fumble-free. Catch the ball on the 15? Consider running it back, absolutely. In the endzone? No. Not even if the other team is sitting on the field, looking for artificial dasies in the artificial turf. Take the knee and the spot on the 25.

But great finish in Dallas in OT. Dak Prescott proved that starting him was the right decision and Ezekiel Elliot proved drafting him was the right decision. Jerry Jones is still an idiot, but I feel like I don't have to say it as often when Dallas is 6-1.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on October 31, 2016, 10:08:20 AM
Saw Green Bay - Atlanta and Dallas - Philadelphia yesterday, both great games.

Except... the No Fun League enforcement of "excessive celebration" after big plays. NFL needs to realize that people are going to celebrate after big accomplishments. Excessive celebration should mean organized choreography, live music, human sacrifice... not spiking the ball and making a few exuberant moves. I mean, if the officials STILL can't figure out exactly what a catch is, why should they waste time on excessive celebration flags?

Is that a direct reference to the Seahawks & S Earl Thomas????
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

This was actually the call on Ezekiel Elliot after a massive run. He spiked the ball, got the call.

deanwebb

Dallas demolished the Browns, as expected. I DVRd the game and watched it all in 37 minutes.

Raiders-Broncos was fun for a while because I like watching the Broncos go down. Then it got to a point where I needed to go to sleep and felt confident in the Raiders' ability to hold off the Broncos, which they did.

From what I saw of the Colts-Green Bay game, Green Bay is in a huge slump. Not good for them, at all.

As a Dallas fan, I am beginning to hope for a Patriots-Dallas Super Bowl in 2017.

Otanx

Ignoring the ref issues with the game. Seattle had a couple pretty good one handed catches in the end zone last night.

-Otanx

deanwebb

... and that's a big ignore, too! Would not be surprised to see that crew get disciplined after last night. Lots and lots of blown calls.

Seattle is back to form, apparently. Wilson is healthy again, and they're going to need him to stay healthy for the next 8 games.

Otanx

My dad is a Seattle fan (grew up in WA) so it is all good  :problem?:

I was having dinner at BDubs, and left just before half time so I missed the field goal attempt. Kind of wish I had stayed for the full game.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Cowboys vs. Steelers was an edge-of-the-seat face-melter. Loved it, great play by both teams, Cowboys with Prescott and Elliott pulled it off in the clutch finish. They needed a field goal, they got a touchdown.

Eagles did a good job of shutting down the Falcons: watching Pats vs. Seahawks right now... Pats at home and everyone brought marshmallows because Brady's on fire: picking New England to win this one.

deanwebb

The lol's on me, since Seahawks delivered a huge upset, including an endzone interception in the last minute! I missed seeing that, since I went to bed at a decent hour.

icecream-guy

..and that moon was pretty cool last night/this morning.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: ristau5741 on November 14, 2016, 10:47:08 AM
..and that moon was pretty cool last night/this morning.

Yeah - took a pic of it early this morning - "Night Sun" popped into my mind.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

PackersPride

Green Bay was all over the map yesterday.  The entire first half I was felt like we did not even show up.  The pattern I keep seeing is that Green Bay thinks we can catch up in the fourth quarter.  This year is just killing me!