Did You See That Ludicrous Display Last Night?

Started by deanwebb, January 07, 2015, 12:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Quote from: PackersPride on November 14, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Green Bay was all over the map yesterday.  The entire first half I was felt like we did not even show up.  The pattern I keep seeing is that Green Bay thinks we can catch up in the fourth quarter.  This year is just killing me!
So how much of it is injuries and how much is McCarthy being too conservative in his play-calling?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

PackersPride

Quote from: deanwebb on November 14, 2016, 06:05:08 PM
Quote from: PackersPride on November 14, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Green Bay was all over the map yesterday.  The entire first half I was felt like we did not even show up.  The pattern I keep seeing is that Green Bay thinks we can catch up in the fourth quarter.  This year is just killing me!
So how much of it is injuries and how much is McCarthy being too conservative in his play-calling?

I think a lot of it was due to injuries.  I do know fans are barking for Mike to be replaced.  Only time will tell.  Packers have been in this position many, many times.

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

Lol, true, true... And if you need a team to cheer for, go with the plucky rookie QB-RB combo in Dallas! Goodness knows how many times I've been a cheesehead when Romo was having a bad day...

PackersPride

I do have to give props to Dallas as they do have a great combination with Prescott and Elliott.

deanwebb

Cowboys beat Washington by 5 points. Yes, the two missed field goals for Washington were a factor, but I'm pretty sure that Dallas could have scored  one more time in the final seconds to win by at least 2, if not 6. Washington found a way to hold Elliott in the mid-game, but Dallas found a way to route around the blockage in the last quarter.

Lions vs. Vikings started off good, with a pair of touchdowns, then became a bit of a snoozer until the last minute, when the Lions pulled together and got the winning field goal in.

Left Steelers-Colts at the half, when it was clear that the backup QB wasn't really up to the task of slaying giants. I think the biggest surprise for me was, when I checked the final score this more, was that the Steelers only got one more TD in the second half.

But, hey, it's a good year to be a Cowboys fan. I'm not exercising my option to start rooting for another team that has a hope in the playoffs. Dallas had a good crew in 2014, but the rookie wonder twins have really elevated the team. Romo fans can argue if he'd also have the team at 10-1 or 11-0 right now, but there's no question that Ezekiel Elliott has made the Dallas running game a major force. Prescott also has an embarrassment of riches in the Dallas receiver corps, and what's better is that he knows how to find a target without being read by the defense, something Carson Wentz is struggling with in Philadelphia. Dallas' secondary is busting up passes, and the front line is stopping the runs. The Cowboys are a complete team this year, and it may be their time to get that 6th Super Bowl ring.

deanwebb

Once again, go Cowboys. Rough game against the Minnesota D, but the 'boys found a way.

deanwebb

KC looked convincing vs. the Raiders last night. What say all y'all?

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on December 09, 2016, 04:49:48 PM
KC looked convincing vs. the Raiders last night. What say all y'all?

Tonites game is the big one.  Ravens at NE.  should be a good game,
though Ravens have never won in NE.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

LynK

Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

Packers looked great vs. Seattle.

Giants and Cowboys... wow, both those QBs were tossing bricks. In the end, Giants won because of a foot on top of the guy recovering the fumble, an endpost crossbar, and Dez not mastering the art of catching a football. Close game, huge defensive battle, and now I gotta put up both with Giants fans and #TeamRomo because, somehow, if Romo was playing, Dez wouldn't have dropped that ball, the FG would have made it through, and that foot wouldn't have made the fumble recovery guy down by contact. Gimmee a break...

Agreed that Ravens-NE gonna be some sport!

Otanx

Nobody mentioned the Army win over the Navy? Broke a 14 year streak. Was upset my wife was dragging me to a friends birthday party, but when we got there I found out her husband is ex-Navy so we had a good couch rivalry going on, and telling old military stories. Ending up being better than watching at home.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Quote from: Otanx on December 12, 2016, 09:15:01 AM
Nobody mentioned the Army win over the Navy? Broke a 14 year streak. Was upset my wife was dragging me to a friends birthday party, but when we got there I found out her husband is ex-Navy so we had a good couch rivalry going on, and telling old military stories. Ending up being better than watching at home.

-Otanx

Man, that would be sweet. And, yes, breaking the 14-year streak is newsworthy. Well done, Army!

LynK

Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"