Any experience good or bad with the following VPNs...?

Started by rhimbo, February 23, 2024, 01:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhimbo

Hello folks,

Do any of you have any experiences to share, feedback, or other information, good or bad, on the following VPN products:

1. Mozilla
2. Brax.me VPN
3. Proton VPN

I have been watching a lot of Rob Braxman's videos (Brax.me) on privacy; they seem good to me.  He mentions that his VPN does not assign many people to the same IP address but that their VPN products "bounces you around" which I interpret to mean does a better job of assigning IP addresses that are not obviously identified as a VPN assignment. 

Thanks in advance,

deanwebb

My concern with the Brax VPN is that it's a vanity project. It all revolves around the one guy, and if he goes away, so does the product.

As for other commercial VPNs, I have no guarantee that their private keys haven't been captured by those who listen in, allowing them to listen in - and may target me specifically because I'm using a VPN that they have keys for.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.