Hierarchical model design implementation

Started by TheBigDog, October 27, 2015, 01:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigDog

Hi

I am designing a network for a project. There is a HQ and a branch office.We were recommended to use the hierarchical model.The HQ is spilt over 3 floors with 280 end users with wifi for 30 quests. The branch has 832 end users spilt over 3 floors as well. The router in the HQ will be connected to each distribution switch in the branch.I have enclosed my HQ design.The Branch will be similar to floor 2/3 of the HQ just with more access switches and end users on each floor. Some feedback would be much appreciated

deanwebb

OK, you mentioned a need for 280 users... how many per floor? Do they need wired or wireless or both? If both, how many wired/wireless? Do you need to support voice VLANs or only data? Is there a need for Internet access?

Why do you have servers directly connected to the router? That seems... odd...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

those poor little 3560's  connected to the router will surely get overwhelmed with user traffic with the other floors traffic running through them.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

SimonV

deanwebb

Quote from: SimonV on October 27, 2015, 02:36:51 PM
What happens when this link goes down?

:kramer:

OH SNAP THAT WOULD BE BAD

Also moved the topic to a better part of the forum...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

Now that I look at it more closely, there are quite a few ports that are down/down... those servers are going to be very, very secure.

TheBigDog

There would be 46 on floor one and 117 per floor on 2/3(Planning on using 48 port switches on the access layer).
They have to be wired connections.
I used VLSM to separate traffic for data and voice. Would you recommend putting the servers on the distribution switches.
On connecting the distribution switches on Floor 1 to 2/3, I was going to connect each of them switches to each other so if one went down the other would kick in then .

On the ports being down. It does not have to implemented, just a logical design of the network.

I have enclosed my logical design for the Branch Office for some further feedback.

deanwebb

Servers should be on their own access switch, there will be lots of traffic going to them.

deanwebb

There's still an issue of needing redundant links between floors. You have a mesh setup on a floor, but only one link between floors. There should be two lines from 1 to 2, 1 to 3, and 2 to 3.

TheBigDog

Is this the way you recommenced the linking of each floor.

deanwebb

Floor one to floor three connections still needed.

TheBigDog

Think this is close enough to my finished design now.

NetworkGroover

Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

TheBigDog