Certification Goals for 2016... What Are Yours?

Started by deanwebb, November 17, 2015, 08:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

Quote from: ristau5741 on February 10, 2016, 07:35:38 AM
Quote from: ristau5741 on February 04, 2016, 11:21:18 AM
I gotta throw down the hammer and buy the TSHOOT Cert Guide 300-135,

Dropped the hammer yesterday, got it for less than $50US on Amazon.

Book neglected to come with CD, so it's going back, need to order a new one from somewhere else, since that one returned was last in stock.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

config t

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on February 04, 2016, 11:33:30 AM

Don't tell me you're one of those weirdos who likes forming OSPF adjacencies across trunks.   :problem?:

I've seen that in wide use on a large campus. The network shop had a super high turn-over rate and what existed was the remnants of someone using the production network as a CCIE lab. I found all kinds of crazy stuff on that network.

:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

icecream-guy

Quote from: ristau5741 on February 04, 2016, 11:21:18 AM
I gotta throw down the hammer and buy the TSHOOT Cert Guide 300-135, I still got most of the year, but need to get reading.

Interesting book so far.  read first 7 chapters,  covers alot of theory very shallow,  make one think it would be _very_ useful for a pre interview study session.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Lol, yeah. I'm still working on my VPN CCNP re-take for cert renewal and still reading for CISSP. Took a detour to read other stuff, but for CISSP, all reading is good reading, it seems.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

wintermute000

completely lost any study momentum. CWNA (wireless Layer 1+2 theory) makes me want to slit my wrists. Firmly in the important-but-oh-so-boring category.

doesn't help that work has ramped up to mental levels, zero energy left by the time the kid goes to sleep.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: wintermute000 on March 07, 2016, 03:22:59 AM
completely lost any study momentum. CWNA (wireless Layer 1+2 theory) makes me want to slit my wrists. Firmly in the important-but-oh-so-boring category.

doesn't help that work has ramped up to mental levels, zero energy left by the time the kid goes to sleep.

LOL this is so me right now.  The last thing I want to do with the little free time I have before I have to get up the next day and do it all over again, is study....  ugh.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

No excuses, though. You know you want what's at the other end of that effort.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on March 07, 2016, 11:39:02 AM

Yeah, I suppose I should keep my opinions to myself if they aren't relevant or drag down the thread.  Sorry.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on March 07, 2016, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: deanwebb on March 07, 2016, 11:39:02 AM

Yeah, I suppose I should keep my opinions to myself if they aren't relevant or drag down the thread.  Sorry.
No, don't beat yourself up here, buddy. The best way to keep on a goal is to talk about it and to have others sharing your objective. Pull up yer bootstraps, mate! :)

TeXJ

Needing to get my CCNAW, trying to find info on the exam is not easy.  I have the cisco book and watching StormWind  Udemy videos but they are for the old exam...Really need to get my hands on WLC and Prime.

deanwebb

I need to get around to the VPN book... my procrastination's really bad: I'm writing a book on network security instead of studying...

routerdork

Quote from: TeXJ on March 24, 2016, 04:01:10 PM
Needing to get my CCNAW, trying to find info on the exam is not easy.  I have the cisco book and watching StormWind  Udemy videos but they are for the old exam...Really need to get my hands on WLC and Prime.
Somebody on here keeps plugging theirs for sale, I can't remember who. Do a search if you want to buy one. I've got 4402 as well as a couple AP's I'd sell if interested. Other thing you could do is run the vWLC they've got out now. It's got a demo license but it'll work.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

routerdork

I'm supposed to be going through the CCNP Route material. Instead I'm dong house projects. Houses are flying off the market for higher than normal prices so we are thinking about the possibility.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

deanwebb

Quote from: routerdork on March 25, 2016, 08:39:34 AM
I'm supposed to be going through the CCNP Route material. Instead I'm dong house projects. Houses are flying off the market for higher than normal prices so we are thinking about the possibility.
Markets may be close to the peak, so don't buy until after you've sold... and as for buying... well, you don't want to go underwater.

routerdork

Quote from: deanwebb on March 25, 2016, 11:43:27 AM
Quote from: routerdork on March 25, 2016, 08:39:34 AM
Markets may be close to the peak, so don't buy until after you've sold... and as for buying... well, you don't want to go underwater.
Neither of us are from here so we don't see it as our forever home. If we can offload the biggest thing keeping us here we could rent for a year or two and have that much less to deal with before we go.