Certification Goals for 2016... What Are Yours?

Started by deanwebb, November 17, 2015, 08:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Quote from: routerdork on March 25, 2016, 11:54:15 AM
Quote from: deanwebb on March 25, 2016, 11:43:27 AM
Quote from: routerdork on March 25, 2016, 08:39:34 AM
I'm supposed to be going through the CCNP Route material. Instead I'm dong house projects. Houses are flying off the market for higher than normal prices so we are thinking about the possibility.
Markets may be close to the peak, so don't buy until after you've sold... and as for buying... well, you don't want to go underwater.
Neither of us are from here so we don't see it as our forever home. If we can offload the biggest thing keeping us here we could rent for a year or two and have that much less to deal with before we go.
That sounds like the plan to run with.

Now we need to talk certs again... and I'm helping my son with his CCNA as an excuse to not study VPN stuff... Then again, I don't have to renew until July.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

flipmode

Well boys and girls, T minus 13 hours until I sit for the CCNP Switch exam. Hope I don't walk out of there with my tail between my legs!

Reggle

Good luck flipmode!

I planned the RHCSA exam. Normally you can take it in Brussels which would be easy for me. However, 'due to a lack of participants' it's cancelled. Now I planned it next week friday in Stuttgart, Germany. Five hour drive. Booked a hotel as well.

wintermute000

That's depressing (the fact that there's no interest in RHCSA), I would have thought it would only grow in popularity, being the de-facto only 'trusted' linux cert out there. Overnight stays and long trips like that are BS for low-mid level exams.

I'm sure you'll nail it - go for gold!

flipmode

Ccnp switch done! On to Route...with a detour to Linux essentials first.

srg

Quote from: flipmode on April 02, 2016, 01:12:23 PM
Ccnp switch done! On to Route...with a detour to Linux essentials first.
Congrats!
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

scottsee

VCP6-VDC Boot camp this month. I put in for W2k12 PKI training last week, don't think I'll get in.
scott see

Reggle

Quote from: Reggle on April 02, 2016, 01:31:14 AM
Good luck flipmode!

I planned the RHCSA exam. Normally you can take it in Brussels which would be easy for me. However, 'due to a lack of participants' it's cancelled. Now I planned it next week friday in Stuttgart, Germany. Five hour drive. Booked a hotel as well.
That five hour drive became a six hour drive, but it was worth it. Passed!

deanwebb

Quote from: Reggle on April 09, 2016, 04:28:59 AM
Quote from: Reggle on April 02, 2016, 01:31:14 AM
Good luck flipmode!

That five hour drive became a six hour drive, but it was worth it. Passed!

:applause:

SimonV

scottsee

scott see

flipmode

I'm using Udemy Chris Bryant and Skillport for my CCNP Route exam and HOLY CRAP there is a ton of material. I allocated 3 months to study, lab and pass the exam but I think I'm going to push it to 4 or 5 months. It feels like I'm at the bottom of a mountain looking up right now LOL

First thing is first though, I'm taking the Linux Essentials LPI exam June 15 but will be studying concurrently for the Route exam.

deanwebb

OK, I gotta take that VPN test. I keep procrastinating, so I ask everyone here to pester me about taking it until I've actually reviewed the material, paid for it, showed up, and taken the dang thing. Peer pressure is awesome stuff, especially when it motivates me to take the test just to make everyone nagging me shut up. PMs, emails, LinkedIn emails, all that is great for getting me to quit avoiding and to get busy.

I thank you in advance. Don't do a DDOS via messages, but just the occasional ping here and there will be most appreciated.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on May 10, 2016, 06:51:29 AM
OK, I gotta take that VPN test. I keep procrastinating, so I ask everyone here to pester me about taking it until I've actually reviewed the material, paid for it, showed up, and taken the dang thing. Peer pressure is awesome stuff, especially when it motivates me to take the test just to make everyone nagging me shut up. PMs, emails, LinkedIn emails, all that is great for getting me to quit avoiding and to get busy.

I thank you in advance. Don't do a DDOS via messages, but just the occasional ping here and there will be most appreciated.

have you taken that test yet?
:matrix:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.