Certification Goals for 2016... What Are Yours?

Started by deanwebb, November 17, 2015, 08:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on May 10, 2016, 07:30:15 AM
have you taken that test yet?
:matrix:

Not yet... I need to review what GDOI is/does... since I haven't touched it since taking the VPN exam...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

deanwebb

Thanks for the nagging. I've reloaded my VPN test bank and have gone halfway through the first chapter. Please do keep nagging so that I don't celebrate with 8 hours of video games...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

wintermute000

deanwebb

Quote from: wintermute000 on May 10, 2016, 04:54:28 PM
CWNA down. God i hate wireless :)
It's not so bad, once you get someone else to do it.

SimonV

deanwebb

Going through chapter 3 of the VPN book, all about certificates... it's amazing how all that was stuff I had to memorize 3 years ago. Now, it's all second nature to me. It's a good feeling to not just remember that's how it's done, but to remember how *I did it*!

SimonV

Passed the JNCIS-ENT this morning with 83, IS-IS cost me most of the negative points.

:wha?:

deanwebb

Quote from: SimonV on May 17, 2016, 06:25:11 AM
Passed the JNCIS-ENT this morning with 83, IS-IS cost me most of the negative points.

:wha?:

All the same,

:applause:

And who uses IS-IS these days?

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on May 17, 2016, 06:40:01 AM
Quote from: SimonV on May 17, 2016, 06:25:11 AM

All the same,

And who uses IS-IS these days?

Need to put together an RFC for renaming that protocol,  these days IS-IS has bad connotations, and makes me think the network has been infiltrated by certain peoples.

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

wintermute000

Fabricpath, SPF, TRILL and lots of other things :)

SimonV

Juniper also uses some parts of it for virtual chassis. Anyway, the JCNIS-ENT only touched on it briefly and it was all boring theory so not much of it sticked...

Next up, CCNP Route, before they start adding SDN  :)

config t

June is CCIE R/S time.

I'm initiating the plan to move to Bangkok for 4-5 solid months of lab practice.

:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

Quote from: config t on May 23, 2016, 03:18:40 AM
June is CCIE R/S time.

I'm initiating the plan to move to Bangkok for 4-5 solid months of lab practice.

"What happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok."
"Not true. I fixed the layer 3 devices, so that multicast traffic is now routing out on the Internet."

:mrgreen:

deanwebb

Nuts.

Massive problem in India and now a ton of migration work means that I don't think I'll have enough time for study and test-taking before my CCNP expires.

Then again, I'm just retaking the VPN test, so it's not like I'd have an equivalent of a current CCNP-Security.

Therefore, I'm going to put the VPN book back on the shelf, let the NP expire, and concentrate back on my CISSP.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on June 10, 2016, 07:03:39 AM
Nuts.

Massive problem in India and now a ton of migration work means that I don't think I'll have enough time for study and test-taking before my CCNP expires.

Then again, I'm just retaking the VPN test, so it's not like I'd have an equivalent of a current CCNP-Security.

Therefore, I'm going to put the VPN book back on the shelf, let the NP expire, and concentrate back on my CISSP.

My old team lead had a famous quote perfect for this scenario.... You can get 3 days of work done in any 24 hour period....
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.