Visio Stencils

Started by Ironman, January 08, 2015, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

Anyone know where to get some clean Visio stencils for Network gear? I got tired of using the Cisco PPT and 3015 packs.

mmcgurty

It will cost you some dough, but Netzoom (http://www.netzoom.com/home/index.aspx) has nice stencils.  I think this runs us about $1200/year.  Well worth it in my opinion.

There is also Visiocafe (http://www.visiocafe.com/) as well but I doubt you will find anything as nice as Netzoom.

SimonV

The Cisco ones from VSDFX are what you need:

http://www.visiocafe.com/vsdfx.htm

8)

Damn, mmcgurty beat me to it

Ironman

Nice, thanks for that link. Those look good!

The Network Symbols 3D is exactly what I was looking for! :excited:

icecream-guy

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Ironman

Yea, I have those. I was looking for a more generic set.

deanwebb

I just use MSPaint and that leads to other people getting assigned with doing the network drawings.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

hizzo3

Quote from: deanwebb on January 08, 2015, 11:22:29 AM
I just use MSPaint and that leads to other people getting assigned with doing the network drawings.
Glad to see you've moved up from cocktail napkins.

Network2501

I use the ones that Stretch mentioned ages ago. Otherwise i use boxes with some customer connector points.]

The third option which i use the most is an icon inside a box with custom connector points around the outside which are percentage based so resizing doesn't ruin things.
- Pete

that1guy15

yeah i hate stencils. They never line up right and it all just gets messy once the diagram get complex. Boxes and circles for everything with device details in the center.

But not everyone likes this so I understand.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

Network2501

Quote from: that1guy15 on January 09, 2015, 09:21:23 AM

After a while people end up here. It's only a matter of time.
- Pete

hizzo3

Quote from: Network2501 on January 09, 2015, 10:09:38 AM
Quote from: that1guy15 on January 09, 2015, 09:21:23 AM

After a while people end up here. It's only a matter of time.
In visio you can add properties to your shape that you can use instead of boxes. Its great if you start using any VBA to process data behind it. I use it for process analysis.

that1guy15

I hear yah but I try as hard as possible to keep it simple.

Its like pulling teeth to get any team to update documentation even more so if its complex.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

Network2501

At some point you realise the cute pictures are just that and aren't needed any more. Does having X cuteness help me convey Y information? No, no it doesn't and suddenly boxes become your go to.

Not everyone will agree with this and maybe one day you will but it's a record I've heard play many times and people arrive at the same place.
- Pete

deanwebb

Our management expects a certain ratio of cuteness:geekiness in a report.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.