WDT - Who's drinking thread?

Started by Network2501, January 09, 2015, 06:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

I'm a non-drinker myself, but I do try to keep current on trends in alcohol consumption to assist my friends that do drink.

Old Speckled Hen is a popular beer around here of late.

For fun, I like to order a non-alcoholic Black Russian. If I get an empty glass, we know we got a bartender with a sense of humor. If I get an empty glass and we're billed for a Black Russian, then we know we got a bartender with a big ol' stick up his butt.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

hizzo3

This past weekend, I encountered the Margaritaville Mixed Drink Maker

SimonV

deanwebb

Spring is here for me. Switching off my Sonic winter blend (cranberry and vanilla) and over to my spring blend (blue coconut and vanilla). Yum.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

hizzo3

Shiner birthday is a chocolate stout this year. Yum

that1guy15

Quote from: hizzo3 on April 15, 2015, 08:52:34 PM
Shiner birthday is a chocolate stout this year. Yum
I can only handle thicker beers during the winter months. Chocolate stout eh, I prefer and Imperial stout myself. High alcohol helps cut the thickness.

I have been digging the New Belgium Rampant imperial IPA for a while now. I just cant get enough IPA!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

deanwebb

Mead drunk from the skulls of my PKI team. I finally got the certs to install! VICTORY!

routerdork

Quote from: that1guy15 on April 15, 2015, 09:11:27 PM
I just cant get enough IPA!
This is where I'm at right now. Been trying everything under the sun.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

icecream-guy

Quote from: routerdork on April 16, 2015, 02:00:12 PM

Dogfish Head 120 minute Imperial India Pale Ale,  if you can get a bottle or two. It was worth the $11 I paid for a 12oz bottle, I'd do it again. Comes in around 18%

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

routerdork

Quote from: ristau5741 on April 16, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
Quote from: routerdork on April 16, 2015, 02:00:12 PM

Dogfish Head 120 minute Imperial Pale Ale,  if you can get a bottle or two. It was worth the $11 I paid for a 12oz bottle, I'd do it again. Comes in around 18%
Heard about it but never have seen it here locally. I'm headed to the Oregon/California next weekend. I'll see if I can't find any out there.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

that1guy15

My liquor store gets a couple cases here or there. He has me on the list for 6 bottles when he gets another batch. Which was supposed to be last week but they delivered to the wrong location. When they told them to send it back to my store they took that as send it back to distribution. Never made it back into town ;(
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

hizzo3

I dunno why, but I've never been fond of heavy hops.

icecream-guy

Here my newly invented drinking game.  Watching Ancient Aliens on the history channel, Friday nights. Every time the narrator says "ancient astronaut theorists"  you have to drink. 
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

routerdork

Brewed a Mexican Cerveza clone last night and an IPA tonight. Got plans to do a Ginger Beer and my usual Amber Ale soon. Gonna drink good this summer :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk