Weekend Thread!!!!

Started by icecream-guy, January 09, 2015, 02:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

not much for me going on this weekend, watch NFL playoffs,  supposed to be very cold (mid 20'sF) and maybe some rain/snow/sleet/freezing rain on Sunday,  may get my hair cut, but that's about it for me.     see ya all next week.....

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

SofaKing

I need to track down an electrical problem in my house.  My living room lost power to it.  All switches and power outlets do not work.  I already replaced the circuit breaker which was a no-go.  Now I need to open all the outlets to look for anything that might be breaking the circuit.  Sucks!
Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

LynK

going to be hanging out with the girlie  :wub:

watch NFL, and enjoy the weekend.
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

My back is killing me... so I should be resting up in bed, watching the NFL Playoffs.

I'm rooting for all the teams that aren't supposed to win: Dallas, because I think they will win, and the others because, in order for them to win, it'll have to be one helluva game. Good gosh, if Carolina wins, won't that be a Cinderella story!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Langly

I'm rooting for Dallas to lose because they already got a game handed to them.

Working on a migration right now and then taking it easy until Tuesday

Bit_Jockey

I've got an exam in the morning.  Following that, I will either a) drink heavily to drown my sorrows or b) drink heavily to celebrate.  That should pretty much put a wrap on Saturday.  Sunday, I have no plans except a hockey game in the PM.

Network2501

Last night.. booze, nachos and anime.

Today hangover then a 30th and Sunday a 50something at a pub.

- Pete

Nerm

All weekend: Work on server migration for a client as I have free time.
Saturday: Watch my daughter compete in gymnastics (boy has this been an eye opener lol).
Sunday: Watch football, eat hot wings, and drink way more beer then I should. :)

killabee

OMG, the weekend thread! I haven't seen this in ages!

Friday: Continue eating pizza, wings, and Pepsi
Saturday: Move
Sunday: Firewall migration, router replacement, and maybe finish unpacking if I don't finish on Sat

wintermute000

Ploughing through JNCIS-SP reading. The first 2 PDFs were a snooze fest (in particular the first one... OK lets read all the RIP/OSPF/BGP crap again, except in Juniper-speak this time).

Then you hit the 3rd PDF which is 458 pages long and goes into MPLS in far greater detail than the CCIE R&S syllabus!!!! eek!!!!

Going to a 1-year-old birthday party tomorrow. The wife has completely subsumed out existence to her mother's group. Every weekend is a frenzy of baby related activity. To rub it in, the father of the kid is a tennis freak (like me) and has a tennis court in his backyard, but guess what, our wives have banned us from having a hit, as its more important that we help out cleaning!!! WTF

jinxer

Saturday: soccer and socialization hopefully a few beers

Sunday: migrate backbone between two cities to 10G and start moving towards new VRF design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Network2501

Quote from: wintermute000 on January 09, 2015, 11:13:53 PM
Then you hit the 3rd PDF which is 458 pages long and goes into MPLS in far greater detail than the CCIE R&S syllabus!!!! eek!!!!

Haven't hit the 3rd looking forward to it. :D
- Pete

deanwebb

I just finished off some documentation... man, I know how to party!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

wintermute000

Quote from: Network2501 on January 10, 2015, 08:03:38 AM
Quote from: wintermute000 on January 09, 2015, 11:13:53 PM

Haven't hit the 3rd looking forward to it. :D

Its good stuff but it gets pretty down in the weeds without tying it together. I've been reading a combination of Google, Darren's blog (mellowd) and subnetzero (another dual CCIE/JNCIE blog) and hopping back and forth a lot. Only got through half of it in one day which is 50% my usual intake speed lol.
The main issue is that it gets so into the detail and as usual I start thinking about big picture/design and how it all hangs together and realise I don't get the context/where it slots in.

I only have limited MPLS/MP-BGP/MPLS-VPN XP so the finer points are all new to me. Happy to discuss the material in a separate thread, there is a LOT to mull over.

The main pain points for me are
- RSVP - Cisco don't do this at all in R&S track aside from a tiny bit about manually RSVP tunnelling of LDP. By larger implication, RSVP/LDP mixed topologies. Also there is a TON of nitty gritty with various traffic engineering knobs to fiddle with
- Junos weird tables and strange options for tweaking what routes get imported/exported where (not MPLSVPN RD/RT import, different topic) - what is this weird inet3 table and l3bgp table what WTF do you mean use this command to export all inet3 routes to inet0 and why the ---- would you do that?!??!!
- They talk re: RD but they don't use RT, they have a choice of vrf-target or vrf-import/export, which doesn't align with Cisco MP-BGP and RD/RT.

On the bright side reading around the traps the 3rd PDF goes into waaay more detail/depth than is required for the JNCIS, in fact the MPLS material (training course JMV) is the same for JNCIS and JNCIP-SP. I looked at the course notes and it seems pretty much same as this PDF.... not sure how that works but great. Put it this way, I did the test exam on Juniper learning portal before even starting the 3rd PDF and I passed using my exising Cisco (basic) MPLS/MPLS-VPN knowledge. lol

i.e. i doubt you'll be examined on the intricacies of a mixed LDP PE-Core / RSVP Core / LDP Core-PE topology and what happens when a RSVP tunnel starts doing funny things , like this example http://blog.hoff.geek.nz/2013/11/08/ldp-over-rsvp/

But oh yeah so going to lab all of it  :partay:

Seittit

So far my weekend has been spent building a new ferret cage and developing a solution to connect the two together seamlessly. Six puppies running around the house, unable to get their fulfillment of exercise due to the cold rain here in Texas; kind of crazy at times.

I'm clearing out our spare bedroom today to setup my CCIE lab in there, I have a full rack loaded with L2 and L3 equipment from a barrage of manufactures, handful of Raspberry Pi boxes, NAS appliance and a vmware whitebox running CSRs, AD servers, Kali, and the such. Going to setup a point-to-point wireless network to extend my L2 domain from my firewall to that room, which should be fun :D