What do you use for IPAM?

Started by mmcgurty, January 20, 2016, 10:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcgurty

I am curious what everyone uses for IPAM.  We were using IPPlan v4.92b but we recently had it "blow up" on us and cause us to lose two years of documentation.  I am not sure if we want to move to something paid and supported or keep using Open Source tools (like phpIPAM or something else).  I am just curious what everyone else is using and your experience with it.

deanwebb

CyberArk. We have a team dedicated to keeping it happy.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Proteus here.
by BlueCat Networks

it's eh eh, have only read access, so can't doo much.

used InfoBlox IPAM product at the last place.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

mmcgurty

Quote from: deanwebb on January 20, 2016, 10:46:03 AM
CyberArk. We have a team dedicated to keeping it happy.

Hmmm, really?  We use CyberArk for account management already.  I didn't know they had an IPAM tool as well.  I will have to ping my Security Team and see if that is something we can look at.

mmcgurty

Quote from: ristau5741 on January 20, 2016, 11:03:58 AM
Proteus here.
by BlueCat Networks

We looked at them during CLUS and they were the most cost effective solution we talked to.  What do you think of it?

icecream-guy

Quote from: mmcgurty on January 20, 2016, 11:04:52 AM
Quote from: ristau5741 on January 20, 2016, 11:03:58 AM
Proteus here.
by BlueCat Networks

We looked at them during CLUS and they were the most cost effective solution we talked to.  What do you think of it?

don't use many of the features
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Reggle

Infoblox. Places before this one were Excel and a custom SQL application. But that one didn't do anything automatically either.
I'm going to try a demo VM of Men and Mice soon though.

I suppse most people here know Infoblox. Any products that are better?

routerdork

Current place is Excel. Before this was InfoBlox. Also found one yesterday called phpIPAM that I was going to test out at home on Ubuntu.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

wintermute000

that1guy15

Quote from: Reggle on January 20, 2016, 04:45:10 PM
Infoblox. Places before this one were Excel and a custom SQL application. But that one didn't do anything automatically either.
I'm going to try a demo VM of Men and Mice soon though.

I suppse most people here know Infoblox. Any products that are better?

Right before leaving my last gig we had a Men and Mice presentation with demo. Looks pretty cool. Nothing fancy, just straight forward and out of the way.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

TheGreatDoc

We use gestioip. Did you checked it?
a.k.a. Daniel.
I dont have any cert, just learned all by my self.

RoDDy

We use SolarWinds but i'm pretty sure you aren't looking for that.

SimonV

A colleague pointed me to Netbox, which is developed by Stretch from PacketLife.

It does multi-tenant infrastructure management and IPAM, and also has Napalm integration now to get information and config directly from the devices.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oNBNfsupxA

https://github.com/digitalocean/netbox
http://packetlife.net/blog/2016/jul/7/netbox-v1-1-0-released/

Testing this over the weekend!

deanwebb

I looked back at the start of the thread... I messed up, CyberArk was PAM. I hate acronyms that are parts of other acronyms.

Old firm used QIP, was looking at Infoblox to replace it.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Multiple xls documents right now, but trying to get NetBox set up, but end of year deadlines coming up makes it hard to find time.

-Otanx