802.1x supplicant

Started by jinxer, January 10, 2015, 03:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinxer

Do you use the native OS supplicant or a 3rd party one like Anyconnect?

Please share your experience..

killabee

We use native.  It works pretty well on our client OSes (Win 7/8, Mac, etc).

jinxer

Ok, sweet. Were about to implement ISE so im curious about it for the wired part.. Been hearing mixed reviews esp about windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srg

Did a deployment a couple of years ago in a  mixed WinXP/7 environment and choose Ciscos supplicant to get the same behavior independent of OS.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

deanwebb

The Cisco client makes the ISE client side much, much, much easier. I would consider it indispensable to a rollout.

The Windows supplicant behavior can be erratic.

Also, be sure to set up the ISE as a trust point for CA in your PKI system. If you use Windows Server as a CA, this can be done in AD.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

jinxer

Yea, will probably end up using Anyconnect..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggle

I used the native client so far.
Currently it's stable. Currently... Because we've twice had a wave of "no connection" issues after Windows updates, that disappeared after a new update.

deanwebb

Windows updates can really ruin a guy's day when they crash the app he's in charge of.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.