(TIL) Today I Learned...

Started by Seittit, January 13, 2015, 03:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

TIL how to submit a JSON query to JAMF.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

config t

TIL about initial setup and configuration of EtherSwitch Modules on the ISR. It sorta blew my mind that the module has its own flash memory, IOS and configuration separate from the router.
:shock:
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

config t

I also learned how to do this today..

RTR#

*** Message from tty3 to all terminals:
I AM IN UR RTRZ

RTR#

deanwebb

Quote from: config t on November 04, 2019, 01:18:11 AM
I also learned how to do this today..

RTR#

*** Message from tty3 to all terminals:
I AM IN UR RTRZ

RTR#

:rofl:

OK, so how do you do that?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

SimonV

"send line" and then specify a vty line on which to send. I use it to let my colleagues know I'm keeping an eye on them, when they're doing changes :)

icecream-guy

Quote from: SimonV on November 11, 2019, 02:56:37 PM
I use it to let my colleagues know I'm keeping an eye on them, when they're doing changes :)

stop micromanaging already  >:D
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Otanx

Quote from: ristau5741 on November 12, 2019, 07:20:22 AM
Quote from: SimonV on November 11, 2019, 02:56:37 PM
I use it to let my colleagues know I'm keeping an eye on them, when they're doing changes :)

stop micromanaging already  >:D

I found out by accident that our Opengear console servers will allow multiple connections to the same console. I wanted to check something (probably command syntax), and connected to a development router that our junior guy was working on. I left it open, and watched him configure some stuff.

-Otanx

config t

send * will send to all open terminal sessions.

It's definitely good for the LOLs  :XD:

deanwebb

Just make sure you don't need a change request to do that... :rofl:

icecream-guy

send * "all your base are belong to us" 

:mrgreen:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Otanx

OK, so my co-workers are going to hate you all soon. So the send command gives you a area to enter a multi line entry. When it shows up on their side it has a giant Message from prompt. Howver, if I put in enough lines of message that part will scroll off the screen, and they will not see it. So send the message.

hostname#
hostname#
*repeat this for 80 lines to scroll the Message from lines off the top of the screen*
hostname#wr erase
Erasing the nvram filesystem will remove all configuration files! Continue? [confirm]
Erase complete *not sure what the real output would be, but neither would my coworkers*
hostname#reload
System configuration has been modified. Save? [yes/no]: no
Reload command is being issued on Active unit, this will reload the whole stack
Proceed with reload? [confirm]
hostname#

I am not evil. I like to think of myself as chaotic neutral.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Quote from: Otanx on November 14, 2019, 11:31:18 AM
OK, so my co-workers are going to hate you all soon. So the send command gives you a area to enter a multi line entry. When it shows up on their side it has a giant Message from prompt. Howver, if I put in enough lines of message that part will scroll off the screen, and they will not see it. So send the message.

hostname#
hostname#
*repeat this for 80 lines to scroll the Message from lines off the top of the screen*
hostname#wr erase
Erasing the nvram filesystem will remove all configuration files! Continue? [confirm]
Erase complete *not sure what the real output would be, but neither would my coworkers*
hostname#reload
hostname#

-Otanx

Just remember, you are not allowed to do anything that, when you think about, makes you laugh for more than 15 seconds!

:haha3:

config t

Quote from: Otanx on November 14, 2019, 11:31:18 AM

hostname#
hostname#
hostname#wr erase
hostname#reload
hostname#

-Otanx

I think you mean MY co-workers are about to hate YOU soon  >:D

Nerm

deanwebb

This would be a great prank on Candid Network Camera...