Keyboards

Started by SimonV, February 18, 2016, 01:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wintermute000

obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyAn3fSs8_A

and if you're not an Archer fan... WHY THE HECK NOT

that1guy15

I fear if we ever open our windows the neighbors will call child protection on us for kidnapping and torturing small children. Funny thing is its us who are being tortured.

Have kids it will be fun they said. FTS :wall:
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

SimonV

Mine are already over Frozen, and moved on to cheesy Minions covers  :mrgreen:

I've been looking at some models and since my laptop has a Belgian keyboard layout (AZERTY) my choices will be limited. US keyboard layout would be best but then I have to manually switch layouts in Windows. Not a problem for me but other people in the house will get confused and frustrated.

Unfortunately, most ones that are available in my layout are all targeted at gamers, perhaps a bit too flashy:

Das Keyboard looks perfect, but only in US layout. They also have one without labelling but US is 104 keys against 105 in BE.

Found one supplier that has a lot of Ducky keyboards, so will be reading up on those ones.

Quote from: mmcgurty on February 19, 2016, 11:51:00 AM
Quote from: Otanx on February 18, 2016, 04:46:05 PM
At home I have an old Logitech G15 that I love, and fear the day it stops working. At work I have a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard. No problems with either one.

-Otanx

I have the same one and I fear the same.  I have no idea what I would replace it with these days.  Seems every keyboard has a color of key switches to pick from.  I have no idea what any of them mean.

There's a good article on Lifehacker about the different switch colors, think I'll need brown or blue ones.

SimonV

Ordered the Ducky Legend with blue MX switches

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky-legend/

Cheaper than what I was counting on, read good things about it and it's still quite stylish.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: that1guy15 on February 20, 2016, 03:58:55 PM
I fear if we ever open our windows the neighbors will call child protection on us for kidnapping and torturing small children. Funny thing is its us who are being tortured.

Have kids it will be fun they said. FTS :wall:

Ha!  Truth!  Just be glad you have your CCIE!  I have about ZERO energy/motivation to really do any studying lately!  My wife wants a third - I told her I wish her and the next guy best of luck.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

NetworkGroover

Quote from: SimonV on February 22, 2016, 01:43:58 PM
Ordered the Ducky Legend with blue MX switches

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky-legend/

Cheaper than what I was counting on, read good things about it and it's still quite stylish.

Plus it has a WIN key!  How awesome is that!?
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

SimonV

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on February 23, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Plus it has a WIN key!  How awesome is that!?

Fixed it  8)

QuoteTo prevent accidental key press interrupting your gaming CLI session, the Windows key can be easily disabled with 2 key presses. Don't let stray key presses ruin your day again