New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Good gosh, that's cold.

In further news, I revisited networking-forum.com and I'm sad to report that there are not only spammers clogging up the works, there, but spammers for dumpsites.  :'(

I did post a link here in a thread there and added a link to this forum in my profile signature. If that gets me banned and deleted there, so be it. If InfoSec decides to reach out to me about fixing things, I'll be happy to do so, but the place would look and run exactly like this one. May not be exactly what they want, but it's not like they're maintaining that other property except as a landing pad for exposure to some ads that they're running.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

SimonV

Quote from: matgar on January 08, 2016, 07:31:42 AM
Quote from: SimonV on January 08, 2016, 07:03:32 AM
Hi there, welcome to the forums, not too cold up there I hope? :)
Thanks. :)
Today it's not that bad, I live in Stockholm and we have around -5C atm.
But Tuesday and Wednesday was a bit chillier at -15C

Well, I'm actually going to Sweden next week, just a bit further down South :)

Quote from: deanwebb on January 08, 2016, 09:12:04 AMIn further news, I revisited networking-forum.com and I'm sad to report that there are not only spammers clogging up the works, there, but spammers for dumpsites.  :'(

First topic from MJ is the same one as was posted here and which was removed by the ASPAC team. Maybe that's how they ended up here?

deanwebb

Could be... human spammers may cost a bit more than computer spammers, but they have the advantage of being able to defeat Turing-test security measures. The old forum does have a captcha, but it's only one question and I don't know if it's random. We use three from a random list. We've only had two spammers get through in the last year of operation. Old forum has... rather a lot, really.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

RoDDy

Quote from: deanwebb on January 08, 2016, 09:12:04 AM
Good gosh, that's cold.

In further news, I revisited networking-forum.com and I'm sad to report that there are not only spammers clogging up the works, there, but spammers for dumpsites.  :'(

I did post a link here in a thread there and added a link to this forum in my profile signature. If that gets me banned and deleted there, so be it. If InfoSec decides to reach out to me about fixing things, I'll be happy to do so, but the place would look and run exactly like this one. May not be exactly what they want, but it's not like they're maintaining that other property except as a landing pad for exposure to some ads that they're running.

Hi everyone! I am Roddy and I am a network engineer for an ISP. I am relatively new to the job (few weeks) so I am still learning my way around the network. My role will mainly be dealing with the core, so the ins and outs of MPLS is my new best friend.

I was a member of networking-forum.com since 2012. I am here because I found out about the site from Dean in his post on that site. It's really sad what the site has become but, it's the members that make the forum. I hope this forum has what the other one is lacking. I am sure my stay here will be most enjoyable. Thanks for having me, and thanks again Dean.

Roddy.

deanwebb

Glad to see you Roddy. :) And, yes, this is the place that's alive and kicking.

icecream-guy

p.s. we tried very hard to contact all the active member at that old site.  might have missed a few, but we did try.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on January 08, 2016, 11:06:43 AM
p.s. we tried very hard to contact all the active member at that old site.  might have missed a few, but we did try.

We did, we did... but we also didn't want to get totally banned in the process. My recent posting there was to let newer members of the site know that there's another forum that isn't reddit.

RoDDy

Glad you did cause i wouldn't have known. Only recently back active. I am glad to see a lot of familiar names (ristau for example).

Netwörkheäd

Tapatalk is also disabled on the old forum. Ouch.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Let's not argue. Let's network!

TheGreatDoc

Hi, my name is Daniel (a.k.a. TheGreatDoc (or viceversa)).

I dont have any certs, degree, master... I've just learned all I need by my self, or at least I try.

I'm working for a Local TV and ISP for 13 years, where 10 of them are in the care of the Data network. As we are small, at the moment im the men in charge of myself, so I take care of almost everything from the doors to inside. From planning to executing Im the only one ;-). Please, take that in mind when I post idiots or absurds questions.

Also, as all you can see, English is not my native language, other thing that I learned from myself. Take that in mind too  ;D

Glad to be here and get and give help.
a.k.a. Daniel.
I dont have any cert, just learned all by my self.

SimonV

deanwebb

Quote from: TheGreatDoc on January 09, 2016, 03:20:14 AM
Hi, my name is Daniel (a.k.a. TheGreatDoc (or viceversa)).

I dont have any certs, degree, master... I've just learned all I need by my self, or at least I try.

I'm working for a Local TV and ISP for 13 years, where 10 of them are in the care of the Data network. As we are small, at the moment im the men in charge of myself, so I take care of almost everything from the doors to inside. From planning to executing Im the only one ;-). Please, take that in mind when I post idiots or absurds questions.

Also, as all you can see, English is not my native language, other thing that I learned from myself. Take that in mind too  ;D

Glad to be here and get and give help.

¡Bienvenidos a www punto networking-forums punto com! :D Español no es mi idioma primera, pero yo hablo. CUIDADO: Mi español es Mexicano... El español de mi hijo es Chileano, mas en la manera de la peninsula...

^ Todos sin Google Translate. ¡Jajajajajajaja!

I need to get my son active here, he is much more fluent in Spanish... I will get him on here.

As for idiotic or absurd questions, you now have permission to ask them. We love to help others learn.

TheGreatDoc

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Gracias por la bienvenida!!!
a.k.a. Daniel.
I dont have any cert, just learned all by my self.

dipenshah

Hi All,

I am Dipen. I am a Master's in Telecommunication student. I am new to networking as a field and I am trying to get as much knowledge as I can during my Winter break. I know a bit about Optical Fiber.

I am currently studying for CCNA exams which I am planning to give by the end of this month or next month. Also, I am very much interested in learning about SDN and currently pursuing a SDN course on Udemy. 

Cheers,
Dipen

Netwörkheäd

Welcome to the forums, Dipen.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Let's not argue. Let's network!