New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltyCheerios

Hello everyone! My name is Calvin, and I'm just getting into studying networking. I live in Dallas, Texas. I look forward to getting involved around here and learning a bit more from everyone as I go.
IT = Information Technology
Also Italy, Injury Time, Iowa Telecom, and many more.

icecream-guy

Quote from: SaltyCheerios on April 08, 2016, 11:45:53 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Calvin, and I'm just getting into studying networking. I live in Dallas, Texas. I look forward to getting involved around here and learning a bit more from everyone as I go.
welcome aboard
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

lap

Hey nerds,
5 years as a cable tech, 2 years in their NOC, left cable giant in August for a net eng job in financial sector.  Passed CCNP switch, taking route soon.
Love what I do and learning a ton.
Currently obsessed with trying to get eBGP working on my home lab across 3 routers. Routes are in route tables, but can't ping them. Good times.

Looking forward to reading through the forums, learning some and sharing what I know.

Lap

that1guy15

Nice! I did almost 3 years for $cable up in the Northwest focused on the VoD infrastructure. Fun times! Funny too I am in financials as well right now.

BGP is fun with lots of nerd knobs to learn. Its a pain in the ass at first but once you get it down its awesome!

Welcome
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

chewbakka

deanwebb

chewbakka

deanwebb

Quote from: chewbakka on May 22, 2016, 04:08:30 PM
y'all abandoned the old forum?

Pretty much kinda sorta yeah.  :whistle:

We got all the action here.  :matrix:

Also no spammers. The guys running the old forum have not been policing spam over there. It makes me sad.

johnniewalk

Hello all, myself johnnie am a newbie to this forum, looking forward to be active in this forum.

icecream-guy

Quote from: johnniewalk on August 10, 2016, 07:26:56 AM
Hello all, myself johnnie am a newbie to this forum, looking forward to be active in this forum.

welcome, we need to fresh blood around here.....don't worry we don't bite..... to hard  ahahhahahahha :cheers:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: johnniewalk on August 10, 2016, 07:26:56 AM

Salaam aur namaste, johnniewalk! Welcome aboard!

Rllavona13

Hello my name is Raymond, Network Engineer(NEW) for a ISP in Puerto Rico. Keep Learning ppl!!

deanwebb

Quote from: Rllavona13 on August 26, 2016, 08:00:27 PM
Hello my name is Raymond, Network Engineer(NEW) for a ISP in Puerto Rico. Keep Learning ppl!!
Awesome, welcome to the forums, Raymond!