New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mynd

Quote from: scottsee on January 11, 2015, 07:52:29 PM
I don't have a single Cisco products in my cages, they were all swapped out for Meraki gear last year.
o.O OT, but how's that working? I don't know much about their products, besides their wireless is managed in the cloud...

javentre

Quote from: mynd on January 12, 2015, 08:02:16 AMI don't know much about their products, besides their wireless is managed in the cloud...

If you ever use their products and need support, I would suggest calling.  They give priority to phone calls over online methods, and it's obvious. 
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

deanwebb

Also welcome to mellowd... we've been expecting you... :professorcat:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

routerdork

Well I've been in IT for about 11 years now. Spent the last 6 in Networking. I left an all fiber ISP this last summer and rejoined the Enterprise world. I'm now working on standardizing the route/switch environments, the ASA's and WLC's, dealing with CUCM again, learning antiquated PBX's, and redefining our global QoS setup. The company was also acquired right before I hired on so I'm waiting to see how my department lines up with the new company that outsources theirs.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

sgtcasey

Hello everyone!  I have been in networking since ~2005 and enjoy my job a lot (usually).  Right now I'm working as part of a network team for a large healthcare provider in my state.  I'm an on and off again forum lurker/poster and came over from another forum when someone pointed me in this direction.  I hope I can get my post count moved, too.  I don't like being the new guy.  :P
Taking the sh out of IT since 2005!

Netwörkheäd

We'll get your post count ported if you have the same username or identify your account. That's a statement that goes out to everyone.
Let's not argue. Let's network!

icecream-guy

Quote from: Netwörkheäd on January 15, 2015, 06:32:13 AM
We'll get your post count ported if you have the same username or identify your account. That's a statement that goes out to everyone.

Identify here, not back there.. LoL,

sorry, punchy, been up for 6 hours and it just turned 8AM.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

sgtcasey

It's the same and it looks like you guys got it sorted.  Thanks!!
Taking the sh out of IT since 2005!

1KrazyFool

Please update my post count. It isn't much, but it's all I've got!   :-[

config t

David, from Green Bay, WI.

I'm a net admin working my a$$ off to make the jump to engineer. Right now I'm working on a site dealing with about 400+ switches. It's a circus.

This ----->  :matrix:  <----- This is awesome

I came here from networking-forum.
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

wintermute000

deanwebb

Post  counts updated. Welcome aboard, gents!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Candee

Hello everyone.
I'm here.
I posted Dean. :)
Candee

deanwebb

Hello Candee! Good to see you here.

Qydra

Hello, everyone.  I'm Qydra.  I'm completely new to networking and don't know the first thing about anything.  I know deanwebb and he referred me here to learn.  I'm currently studying computer science in college, but I want to learn some IT basics and get my CCNA so I can be the most literate, well-rounded technology professional I can be.  I'm eager to learn new things and mess up along the way.