New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Welcome aboard! Look at the threads on building out your own labs and the videos in the channel about virtual servers and such.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Mowery

QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Mowery

QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

Splat

Hi All,

Professional lurker from other forms here.  Figured if I'm going to get more involved, might as well do it while the forum is young.

I'm a typical mid level engineer for a typical mid sized enterprise, doing mostly meat and potatos routing and switching.  I've been in IT for about a decade, started off as a junior solaris/database admin, got sucked into Cisco and Linux. 

I've got a couple of certs, hoping to add to that this year.  Managed to re-up my CCNP about two weeks before the 642-* series was retired and will probably sit for the CCNA-Sec within the next few months.  Then maybe on to VMWare...who knows.

Anyway, glad to be aboard.  Cheers!

deanwebb

NetworkGroover

Quote from: Mowery on February 17, 2015, 02:50:32 PM
Howdy. I am Dave.

Welcome.

"There are some who call me.... Tim"
<insert Tim the Enchanter meme here>
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

Stuart

Morning All,

Lurker from networking-forum.com and have migrated over here. :)

Work and live in South East UK (between London and Brighton) and work as a 2nd line engineer in a NOC.

Currently hold CCNA and CCNP in R&S.  Working towards CCNA:Sec.

Regards,

S.

SimonV

deanwebb

Quote from: Squ1bby on March 26, 2015, 06:02:35 AM
Morning All,

Lurker from networking-forum.com and have migrated over here. :)

Work and live in South East UK (between London and Brighton) and work as a 2nd line engineer in a NOC.

Currently hold CCNA and CCNP in R&S.  Working towards CCNA:Sec.

Regards,

S.

Cheers! Good to have you on board!

ggnfs000

deanwebb

WillT

Hi Everyone !

I'm William, and even if my first name seems a lot english, I'm a french guy :)

Since 5 years in the networking and System engineering after a change in my working cursus (I'm 43). I fell in love with Cisco, Firewalls, and even Microsoft Servers (yes, it's possible, don't blame me for this)

I hope to bring you my experiences as much as I learn from you folks

See ya
The More Things Change The More They Stay The Same

deanwebb

Welcome to the board, William! Good to see you here.