New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on October 23, 2019, 06:43:03 AM
Quote from: Hiroshisx on October 23, 2019, 02:29:51 AM
When will the issue be discussed in this regard?

Lines like that from IP addresses in Thailand make me almost convinced this is a spam account. Almost. :smug:

at least he hit the correct forum for initial post.  :smug:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on October 23, 2019, 02:38:57 PM
Quote from: deanwebb on October 23, 2019, 06:43:03 AM
Quote from: Hiroshisx on October 23, 2019, 02:29:51 AM
When will the issue be discussed in this regard?

Lines like that from IP addresses in Thailand make me almost convinced this is a spam account. Almost. :smug:

at least he hit the correct forum for initial post.  :smug:

True, true... and no linkback to vendor sites... so we'll just moderate all future posts until proven human. :D
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

BORIKKEN21

Hi everyone, IT Management for a healthcare institution for six months now as my first job, there is so many experts with tons of experience around here, hope to have a great time learning and teaching what I know with everyone else!

deanwebb

Quote from: BORIKKEN21 on March 28, 2020, 01:34:55 PM
Hi everyone, IT Management for a healthcare institution for six months now as my first job, there is so many experts with tons of experience around here, hope to have a great time learning and teaching what I know with everyone else!

Hello and welcome to the forums! We are here to help, that's for sure. :)
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Davdas17

I'm Dav and have some computer knowledge and hoping to improve my awareness and skills around networking to make my home secure C:-)

deanwebb

Quote from: Davdas17 on August 31, 2020, 01:13:09 PM
I'm Dav and have some computer knowledge and hoping to improve my awareness and skills around networking to make my home secure C:-)

Well hello, and we are glad to have you here!

aaronsheir

I am Roy and i have know background in Computer or IT profession recently picked up Networking and its a working progress. Least i forget i am a Nigerian and reside in Nigeria. Hope i won't be stereotyped base on location and Nationality. I work with an haulage company mineral resource (limestone and clay) my spare time i decide to spend on Networking course.

All this emoji lined up here i don't know what they represent but i will just pick any that suits me  ???  ???

deanwebb

Quote from: aaronsheir on March 08, 2021, 01:34:45 AM
I am Roy and i have know background in Computer or IT profession recently picked up Networking and its a working progress. Least i forget i am a Nigerian and reside in Nigeria. Hope i won't be stereotyped base on location and Nationality. I work with an haulage company mineral resource (limestone and clay) my spare time i decide to spend on Networking course.

All this emoji lined up here i don't know what they represent but i will just pick any that suits me  ???  ???

Hello Roy! And I already knew about the Nigeria thing from tracking your IP address from your post yesterday. :) When I was a teacher, I had many students from Nigeria and am still friends with many of them. It won't hurt for me to have another Nigerian in my circle of acquaintances! :)

I know that access to reliable electricity and such is tough to come by in Nigeria, and I am very ready to help provide what information I can to help someone looking to start in this field. When I was getting back to IT in 2013, I came to a forum to ask questions and to learn more. I'm always ready to give back and help the community.

Very glad to see you here!

montana16

8 yrs IT manager for 80 pc/6 server network
Always been into computer/network things as a hobby. First pc - Timex Sinclair ZX81.
Been out of IT for 8 yrs but always helping out neighbors/family so they don't get robbed by crooks.

deanwebb

Quote from: montana16 on April 06, 2021, 10:38:44 PM
8 yrs IT manager for 80 pc/6 server network
Always been into computer/network things as a hobby. First pc - Timex Sinclair ZX81.
Been out of IT for 8 yrs but always helping out neighbors/family so they don't get robbed by crooks.

Hello Montana16! We are here to help. :)

My first PC was the ol' Atari 400, good times.

dirtyelf

self taught home enthusiast here to learn!

deanwebb

Quote from: dirtyelf on April 24, 2021, 02:03:41 PM
self taught home enthusiast here to learn!

We are here to help, so welcome to the forums!

Chima

Hi, I'm Chima. My earlier life was in Finance. Boring. I'm currently working my way up the Networking maze and hopefully, I'll get a job.

deanwebb

Quote from: Chima on November 06, 2021, 10:56:38 AM
Hi, I'm Chima. My earlier life was in Finance. Boring. I'm currently working my way up the Networking maze and hopefully, I'll get a job.

Welcome to the forums! What have you done so far in networking? What certs are you working on?

config t

Quote from: Chima on November 06, 2021, 10:56:38 AM

Welcome. We all started somewhere. There simply aren't enough IT professionals in the world. A little initiative and hard work will go a long way and get you ahead of the pack.
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.