New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achunt2143

I'm Andrew. I work for TD Bank as a developer. I don't have much experience with networking but I do understand a lot of the concepts, and I took a networking class in college. I'm 22, and I plan to get several certifications (Agile, Azure, Linux SysAdmin,  among others) to complement my degree in computer science.

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

SIA

Hey guys, Alick here. I've moved from he Linux sysadmin world over to the networking world.

Completed my CCNA, and currently studying for my CCNP.

krazymanwalker

I don't do anything in IT. I am a Machine Operator and someone who draws parts for my company through Solidworks. I am here just to see if I can get some help figuring out an issue going on with our Network through two of my computers that I work through.  I have been in this line of work for 15 years, and have worked at this one job for 11 years.  Recently the IT guy we used to have left to go to a different company, and now the guy that does it doesn't know what is going on and isn't an IT guy.  If you have a good idea on Networking issues please look for my Forum if you could possibly assist me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Walker

deanwebb

Hello gents, we're here to help!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

cbjason

Hey all - I'm Jason and I thought I knew about networking, but turns out not the case...lol. Got my first question up about revising my home network to split personal from work. Here to sponge all knowledge y'all are willing to disseminate. Pretend I am a five year old and put your patience pants on with me.  See ya in the threads:)

deanwebb

synergy-now

am far from a networking pro however I do know my way around PCs my first PC was 486 running win 3.1 I have used all windows that were made after except 11 sick of windows and now use Linux as my main driver and windows 10 ameliorated if for some rare reason can't do what I want on Linux as far as networking I have setup a couple of routers changed firmware to tomato for VPN would like to learn more

deanwebb

netfella

Hi, I'm from Venezuela, I'm a programmer, learning some basics of networking =]

deanwebb

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!

HamSolo

Hello!

I'm Elijah, I'm a network engineer at AirBridge Broadband. I am currently CompTIA Network+, CWNA, MTCNA & MTCRE certified. Feel free to ask me any questions!

icecream-guy

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Hey, all right, welcome to the forums!

MX372

Hello all,

I'm Ken. I'm not an IT professional, unless you ask my friends and family. I've been tinkering with computers since the C64 days, and do all my own computer and networking stuff. Therefore, my network is most likely not as good as it should be. I have become pretty good at building and fixing PCs though. Have used Linux on and off over the years, currently back on Linux after Windows 10 ticked me off.

I spent almost 30 years in the Army, and have a second career as a Diesel Technician. Looking forward to learning new things from those smarter than I.