Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: MX372 on August 25, 2023, 08:33:07 PM
Hello all,

I'm Ken. I'm not an IT professional, unless you ask my friends and family. I've been tinkering with computers since the C64 days, and do all my own computer and networking stuff. Therefore, my network is most likely not as good as it should be. I have become pretty good at building and fixing PCs though. Have used Linux on and off over the years, currently back on Linux after Windows 10 ticked me off.

I spent almost 30 years in the Army, and have a second career as a Diesel Technician. Looking forward to learning new things from those smarter than I.

Howdy and welcome aboard, hope you're able to learn and share here with all of us. :)
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

todd93

Hello, everyone! I'm todd93 (you can just call me Todd if you like). I'm 48, I live in south-central Missouri. I've tinkered with computers, gaming systems, phones, and other electronics as a hobby for about 25 years. I'll have to admit, networking is not one of my strong suits, which is why I joined the board. Professionally, I'm a heavy equipment operator, have done quite a bit of plumbing, and for 15 years, I was the head custodian of a school building in a large school district in Missouri... Currently, however, I deliver salvage auto parts for the number one salvage yard in the US!

I'm a musician as well, I play guitar and have dabbled with banjo, I like to reload ammunition, love shooting, love working on projects around the place here... I'm just a normal, hard working guy who enjoys busying himself with various projects!

Not sure what else to include, feel free to say hi!

icecream-guy

Quote from: todd93 on September 05, 2023, 08:24:58 PM
Hello, everyone! I'm todd93 (you can just call me Todd if you like). I'm 48, I live in south-central Missouri. I've tinkered with computers, gaming systems, phones, and other electronics as a hobby for about 25 years. I'll have to admit, networking is not one of my strong suits, which is why I joined the board. Professionally, I'm a heavy equipment operator, have done quite a bit of plumbing, and for 15 years, I was the head custodian of a school building in a large school district in Missouri... Currently, however, I deliver salvage auto parts for the number one salvage yard in the US!

I'm a musician as well, I play guitar and have dabbled with banjo, I like to reload ammunition, love shooting, love working on projects around the place here... I'm just a normal, hard working guy who enjoys busying himself with various projects!

Welcome aboard

deanwebb

Quote from: todd93 on September 05, 2023, 08:24:58 PM

Hey there and welcome aboard! We are always happy to lend a hand to folks with questions!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

danje57

Hello,

New on the forum, I hope I could  learn from you guys as my networking course have been done longtime ago...

Regards!

icecream-guy

Quote from: danje57 on September 10, 2023, 01:24:36 PMHello,

New on the forum, I hope I could  learn from you guys as my networking course have been done longtime ago...

Regards!
Welcome,
we can help you troubleshoot your deficiencies. Personally I have been working with IC technology since 1983, learned my way through a degree in computer systems and programming microprocessors, unfortunately in an area where there was no call for such resources in the area I lived in at the time. I am now a network security engineer supporting over 200 Cisco ASA firewalls, running on legacy 5585, and newer 4100 series, we are slowly moving to Cisco FTD, but it is a MAJOR project.....

deanwebb

Quote from: danje57 on September 10, 2023, 01:24:36 PMHello,

Regards!

Hey there and welcome aboard! Don't hesitate to ask us a question, I do it all the time when I get stumped. :)