New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chev Chellios

Hi all,

Just registered after seeing this site mentioned on techexams.net 
Carrying on the AA style intros.....I've been working in IT for nearly 8 years now, mostly focussed on Windowz but wanting to take the Cisco CCENT/CCNA route now and hopefully land a network engineer type role in the future  :)

I say hopefully as every IT job over here seems to expect you to be MCSE/CCNA qualified at least nowdays....

Cheers,
Chev

Ether

Names Joe, another TechExams lurker, from Rhode Island. Been doing IT now for almost 10 years, in the military and for the DVA. All of my experience has been down in the trenches doing help-desk/desk-side support, and I'm ready to make a specialty change and move on over to Systems/Networking. Currently studying for CCNA, I have a nice lab at home already. Looking to absorb any knowledge I can and provide any if I have it. Thanks for creating the group, see you around! :pub:

SimonV

Welcome to the forum, glad to see new members already joining!  :pub:

deanwebb

Hello to all the guys strolling in from the sysadmin world. I used to live there, myself. I'll start a thread in the cert/career area about making that change.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Chev Chellios

Hi Simon, Joe and Dean  :pub:

That sounds great thanks Dean, look forward to the thread on how 'to move worlds'  8)

LynK

Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

Seittit

Calvin here,

I'm a music-loving bookworm. I also enjoy running, weightlifting, and cooking. My gf and I have many pets, and she practices raptor rehabilitation (avatar is own of her owls).

Other than that, I'm striving for my CCIE R&S in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mynd

Quote from: Seittit on January 06, 2015, 12:34:30 PMshe practices raptor rehabilitation
I was totally picturing Jurassic Park :P

Seittit

Quote from: mynd on January 06, 2015, 12:55:56 PM
Quote from: Seittit on January 06, 2015, 12:34:30 PMshe practices raptor rehabilitation
I was totally picturing Jurassic Park :P
both have talons, both are  cathemeral, both will rip the face off their prey.

close enough for government work.

Network2501

Recovering post whore, and striving python brogrammer. Been in IT really for about 6+ years with close to 5 years of that in ISP land.

ristau5741 was kind enough to pass on the good word so here I am.   :pub:
- Pete

deanwebb

Quote from: Network2501 on January 06, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Recovering post whore, and striving python brogrammer. Been in IT really for about 6+ years with close to 5 years of that in ISP land.

ristau5741 was kind enough to pass on the good word so here I am.   :pub:

Do you need your old post count ported over, or would that hurt your posting sobriety? :D
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Nerm

Another one jumping over from "you know where"....My name is Norman and I am a Systems Engineer for a small IT services company. I have been in the IT world for 15 years. Started out doing extreme overclocking/benchmarking (even held a couple world records at one time) as a hobby and a server/sys admin for a job. Been on the systems engineer track for about 6 years now. I really love it because I get to do both server and network related duties.

bastiji

Hello all.

I'm in the field for the past 15 or so years, wearing many hats during various jobs. Currently I live off of your tax dollars (in the US that is) as a contractor helping an agency with their network.

I do networks, security, sysadmin and everything in between. Biggest goal for this year: GSE from SANS, RHCE, and starting my IE prep again.

DangerWill

Quote from: deanwebb on January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
Hello, everyone! Please post here when you first register so we can start to get to know you better!
<snip>

So I've already broken a rule and didn't post here after my registration...so situation normal.  I've been in IT longer than the acronym (and its many variants) have existed...which is now no longer a point of pride and just makes me sad to do the math.  I've worked in/with most systems in my time, but now I mostly specialize in AD/Exchange with minors in Lync/OCS,  PKI, ADFS, RMS, and other varied MS infrastructure products.  (Except SharePoint, I hate SharePoint almost as much as a PowerPoint presentation)  I'm still CCNP certified so don't tell me "it's not the network!"  ;)
I work with a large consulting firm who isn't PWC supporting their global infrastructure.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Four_%28audit_firms%29

Mostly I'm know for smarta$$ comments when inappropriate to do so, but otherwise I'm mostly harmless.  I've known Mr. Webb via another list for a (very) long time.
- WJR

deanwebb

I'm perfectly willing to blame things on the network.

But it's not the firewall. It is not the firewall.