New Member Introductions Thread

Started by deanwebb, January 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Network2501

Quote from: deanwebb on January 06, 2015, 07:52:12 PM
Quote from: Network2501 on January 06, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Recovering post whore, and striving python brogrammer. Been in IT really for about 6+ years with close to 5 years of that in ISP land.

ristau5741 was kind enough to pass on the good word so here I am.   :pub:

Do you need your old post count ported over, or would that hurt your posting sobriety? :D

I'll work my count back up the regular way. Maybe the quality vs quantity ratio will be better this time round.  :awesome:
- Pete

mrforklift

Greetings all -- Matt here...

I have known Mr. Webb for a realllllly long time via other lists.  I tend to lurk more than write -- that's right, I like to watch....  Mainly this is due to others having the answer before my pea brain has it.

That said, my area of expertise is in dealing with Exchange 5.5-2013/Office365 (I really hate on-premise/cloud hybrids right now), with the supporting parts of AD, etc., thrown in.  I have a lot of general knowledge, since my jobs prior to my current one required Exchange specialization, but also a jack-of-all-trades set of abilities...

In the past, places like SAIC have utilized my talents extensively.  I currently work for a mickey mouse operation supporting over 125K mailboxes (that's only North America).

In the goofing off areas of life, I like movies, tv, and reading.  I hate long walks on the beach.  I have been known to perform improv here (www.sak.com) back in the day (yes I know I am funny -- I have a trophy to prove it).  I work with a collegiate organization founded on Boy Scout principles that has evolved to encompass so much more (www.apo.org) -- that said, hit me up in the off-topic area if you have college kids or concerns about Greek-lettered organizations; I tend to specialize in anti-hazing.  When I game on the PC, it is mainly in DC Universe Online.  If you play on the PC side, let me know....

Now my time is up before Dean chases me off the stage....

Seittit

Quote from: mrforklift on January 07, 2015, 01:18:37 AM
Greetings all -- Matt here...

Your avatar will forever put David Bowie in my head. Thanks for that.

ZiPPy

Heya everybody!  I've been in IT for the last 15 years.  I'm currently a network engineer for a healthcare company where I manage and run multiple data centers.  I'm a Jack of all Trades, but I'm primarily trying to focus on data center related technologies evolving around the network engineer title. I occasionally hang out in SUPERNAP 7.

javentre

It's good to see some familiar names around.   

I don't plan to be a prolific poster, but I'll contribute where I can.

My focus is on traditional route/switch, data center, and optical networks.  I'm currently working on deploying our first 100G (DWDM) circuits, which is a lot of fun.
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

Netwörkheäd

Good gosh 100G circuits... how much longer before it's 100G to the desktop?
Let's not argue. Let's network!

javentre

Quite a long time for us.  I don't have many high throughput users, most can all be serviced with 100M, but I do have a lot of users. 

Most of my data hungry folks are a handful of systems around the data center, many of which are doing replication tasks.
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

NetworkGroover

Quote from: javentre on January 08, 2015, 06:19:55 AM
It's good to see some familiar names around.   

I don't plan to be a prolific poster, but I'll contribute where I can.

My focus is on traditional route/switch, data center, and optical networks.  I'm currently working on deploying our first 100G (DWDM) circuits, which is a lot of fun.

Hey Javentre and ZiPPy - good to see you guys on this side of the fence!  :pub:
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

NetworkGroover

Quote from: Netwörkheäd on January 08, 2015, 06:29:07 AM
Good gosh 100G circuits... how much longer before it's 100G to the desktop?

You mean you don't have two of these already at your house?  #FirstWorldProblems

:problem?:

deanwebb

Post counts from old forums ported over for Messers. Zippy and Javentre.

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Hello, my name is Bob and I am an alcoholic... wait wrong meeting? sorry. My name if Frank and I have a gambling addiction... wrong meeting again? oops.

My name is Charles and I have a networking addiction. Been in IT for more than 10 years. Really focused on networking for about the last five. Currently a tier 3 engineer with a consulting company. Mainly focused on enterprise networking with a heavy leaning towards security. Live in Las Vegas, NV. Married to another geek (wife is a CISSP, and working on VCP), no kids. Two cats named TCP and IP (yes those are really their names). Hobbies include reading, gaming, IT and playing with electronics.

-Otanx

NetworkGroover

Quote from: Otanx on January 08, 2015, 11:00:59 AM
Hello, my name is Bob and I am an alcoholic... wait wrong meeting? sorry. My name if Frank and I have a gambling addiction... wrong meeting again? oops.

My name is Charles and I have a networking addiction. Been in IT for more than 10 years. Really focused on networking for about the last five. Currently a tier 3 engineer with a consulting company. Mainly focused on enterprise networking with a heavy leaning towards security. Live in Las Vegas, NV. Married to another geek (wife is a CISSP, and working on VCP), no kids. Two cats named TCP and IP (yes those are really their names). Hobbies include reading, gaming, IT and playing with electronics.

-Otanx

Wow.....  :not_worthy:

Dieselboy

Hi there. I'm new here but most of you probably know me already.

Whoami?

1KrazyFool

Just another network geek in the crowd. Was over at you-know-where, but stopped visiting after it went lame. Hopefully the old magic can be rekindled here.

I've been in IT for 14 years, doing the network thing for 8+ years. Mostly involved in campus LAN environments, but recently moved into more data center and WAN duties and looking to make the most of that. This has been pretty much all Cisco based, hence the Cisco certs I've collected so far.

scottsee

Yo.. I'm Scott.

I work as the lead technology engineer for a Medical Group in Phoenix. I don't have a single Cisco products in my cages, they were all swapped out for Meraki gear last year. I'm doing a lot with storage networking, Microsoft and HIPAA compliancy.
scott see