Fortinet Training???

Started by Ironman, January 14, 2015, 02:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

Anyone know where I can find some quality Fortinet training (formal and/or materials)?

mynd

They have a "cookbook" you can download, but rest of their online documentation is seriously lacking :( I normally have to search the webs, even a few pages deep, to find a post explaining what a command really does

Also, I've been using them at this gig for that last two years, so may be able to help with something

Ironman

Thanks, just downloaded it! My manager keeps asking around for formal training but is not getting much success.

deanwebb

OK, I got a Fortinet question... we are testing a pair and I do enjoy the ease of use.

However, there's a however in all this...

We don't have a default route out, so any appliance that needs to use the Internet needs to use the proxy server settings we give it. All our gear so far is fine with that. We enter the proxy settings, they go out the internet, that's that. Fortinet, however, doesn't seem to be able to use the proxy to do its web business. I was on the phone with a Fortinet guy yesterday, getting it set up, and he wanted us to put records in our DNS for their websites, but we declined, pointing to our other devices that don't need that kind of hand-holding.

We do have a proxy address defined, the correct port set, and the Fortinet can ping the proxy. However, it uses it not, and I am sore vexed, for it downloadeth not the IPS signatures.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.