CLUS 2016 - Who's going?

Started by that1guy15, March 18, 2016, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

that1guy15

Yeah buddy, approved and booked yesterday! Fly in Saturday the 9th and leave Saturday the 16th.

Who is going?
Wanna meet up?

Its Vegas, whats the worst that could happen??

Id love to meet up with most of you. The rest no! You know who you are  :squint:
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

mmcgurty

I might be.  One colleague already booked, I just haven't had time yet.  I'll keep you posted.

srg

I'll be there! Spending a couple of days in LA first taking care of the jetlag (12hr flight from Stockholm to LA), but will arrive i LV on Saturday as well.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

Otanx

I live here so even if I don't get to officially go to CLUS we should meet up somewhere.

-Otanx

burnyd

Havent officially scheduled travel but I scheduled the conference so I will be there.

LynK

Not official yet, but I should be going for the first time. Pretty excited.
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

EOS

My boss took our complimentary pass...  Grrrrrrr

that1guy15

Sessions are up but no schedule.
https://www.ciscolive.com/us2016/connect/search.ww

What is everyone looking to focus on?

So far I dont have much Im jumping to get into. Im mostly thinking OpenStack/NFV sessions, VXLAN/ACI sessions and maybe a session on Segment Routing.

That1guy15
@that1guy_15

NetworkGroover

Quote from: that1guy15 on April 06, 2016, 05:10:29 PM

So far I dont have much Im jumping to get into. Im mostly thinking OpenStack/NFV sessions, VXLAN/ACI sessions and maybe a session on Segment Routing.

Surprised they're still even talking about ACI anymore - unless you're grouping the Nexus series running in non-ACI mode into that ;P
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

srg

When do registrations open? I'll probably be attending a lot of Openstack/NFV as well.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

Reggle

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on April 07, 2016, 10:22:38 AMSurprised they're still even talking about ACI anymore - unless you're grouping the Nexus series running in non-ACI mode into that ;P
That's not what I'm hearing. In fact, every bigger company in the region here has some project about ACI going on. I've met more than one engineer specializing in it here. They strongly believe in it. Cisco's marketing machine is doing good work here in Central Europe it seems.

Personally, I decided to take my chances and not invest time in it. It's time I can use to learn and perfect technologies that are proven. Seems like a safer bet.

wintermute000

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on April 07, 2016, 10:22:38 AM

Surprised they're still even talking about ACI anymore - unless you're grouping the Nexus series running in non-ACI mode into that ;P

hate to burst your bubble but they're starting to sell more and more of it.
TBH the feature set is improving (e.g. full L3 routing hahaha) and the bugs are getting stomped. It is still ridiculously complicated.
They're pushing the 'open' aspect hard (i.e. look it plays with Openstack allegedly, not that its actually open LOL).

that1guy15

Quote from: srg on April 07, 2016, 02:54:50 PM

When do registrations open? I'll probably be attending a lot of Openstack/NFV as well.
I dont know I think I saw something for the first of the month maybe. Dont. know.

Im looking the same. When time comes lets line up sessions!!

That1guy15
@that1guy_15

mmcgurty

Colleague and I are booked.  We fly in Sunday, July 10th (early flight) and fly out on Friday, July 15th (evening flight).  We ended up in the MGM because Mandalay Bay was already booked up.  I am going to be focused on anything ACI/IWAN and likely VIRL and any basic programming type stuff (Python?).

NetworkGroover

Quote from: wintermute000 on April 07, 2016, 07:34:56 PM
Quote from: AspiringNetworker on April 07, 2016, 10:22:38 AM

hate to burst your bubble but they're starting to sell more and more of it.
TBH the feature set is improving (e.g. full L3 routing hahaha) and the bugs are getting stomped. It is still ridiculously complicated.
They're pushing the 'open' aspect hard (i.e. look it plays with Openstack allegedly, not that its actually open LOL).

Reggle, Winter, it's all good - I apologize if I came off as pompous (regarding the busting my bubble comment) - I'm telling you honestly what I see and hear, though sometimes I get a little overzealous and that combined with what you guys know about me probably doesn't look too good.

I'm less interested in just what I see/experience/hear though - I want to know what others see.  I know there are many situations where folks were sold ACI gear, but do not run it in ACI mode, yet they are counted as ACI customers.  I also know of many folks who have tried to make it work and gave up.  I'd be -very- interested in hearing your experiences.  I'm still waiting to hear about successful implementations of ACI - especially at large scale.  Lots of folks are hardcore Cisco and are therefore "working" on ACI - but that's not the same as real world production environments at scale.

I honestly, seriously, rarely ever get asked about it anymore, where maybe a year or 1.5 years ago it was a regular topic of conversation. And Winter, I agree, lol@"open"... yeah that falls right in line with "We submitted it to IETF, therefore it's open".  Didn't they do that with EIGRP and "enhanced" VXLAN and tried to claim they were open?

ANYWAY - hope you guys have an awesome trip.  Would be cool to get together for drinks or something... but that's a bit too far of a drive for me just for one evening.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always