Perpetual Weekend Thread

Started by deanwebb, April 08, 2016, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

cooking tomatoes again this weekend. making BBQ sauce.
have to settle on my house refi, got into a 15yr at 2.75%  :rock:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Going with my son to his CCENT exam on Saturday. Last day to take the old version... hope he passes!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on August 19, 2016, 11:13:23 AM
Going with my son to his CCENT exam on Saturday. Last day to take the old version... hope he passes!

exam rule #7342,  always take exam a minimum of 8 days prior to expiration, that way ya get one more chance.

best o luck to him.

deanwebb

I know, I know... but the books are cheaper than college, so it's not a totally bad deal.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

wintermute000

No way, CCNA combined or bust [emoji13] Do you want to live forever?[emoji13]

deanwebb

Quote from: wintermute000 on August 19, 2016, 06:10:44 PM
No way, CCNA combined or bust [emoji13] Do you want to live forever?[emoji13]
What, take a test in a jumbo frame? No, my wallet has an MTU of one test at a time. :P

SimonV

Quote from: ristau5741 on August 19, 2016, 11:04:25 AM
have to settle on my house refi, got into a 15yr at 2.75%  :rock:

We did that last year and settled just under 2% here in BE. I hear they are now to around 1% in some cases, it's crazy. Too bad the refinance costs a lot, or I would consider doing it again.

deanwebb

Having a nice time now watching a documentary on storytellers. Sunday evening is the perfect time for quiet, contemplative topics... no worries about work or hassles.

But back to the storytelling... it's fascinating how so much of what we think is bland and unexciting in our own lives can be fascinating and emotionally connecting to others. When we find reasons, connections, and wisdom and share them with others, we create bonds that run deep. The stories we tell share our values and build bridges across generations and cultures. It's fascinating...

deanwebb

Weekend starting off right with a massive outage! Whoo! I'll be here for the next 72 hours, I'm sure!

deanwebb

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMajor system upgrade! Starting in 11 minutes!

NETWORK SECURITY KNOWS HOW TO PARTY

deanwebb

BIG weekend coming up in the USA... Global Megacorporation gives everyone the 24th of December to the 2nd of January off, so I don't roll up to work until the 3rd.

Today and tomorrow are very light days, as most everyone has already shuffled off for the holiday. I'm working from home, responding to emails, but not doing a lot of changing since there's a change freeze in place. Time to get some comp time back from that major system upgrade and the two major outages I had to work a few weeks ago...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a Happy Festivus to all. Those are my holidays, so those are the ones I'm wishing to everyone. Feel free to wish a merry or happy whatever it is you like to do at the December-January interchange. :)

icecream-guy

SUPERBOWL PAR-TAYY  :partay:

Superbowl this weekend  :drama: I'll certainly not be like  :glitch: When Falcons score, I'll be like :rock:  :joy: When New England scores I'll be like  :doh:  :angry:
when the Falcons win I'll be :banana: in the streets. Cheers to all  :cheers:

LynK

@ristau

I knew I liked you. Especially being a Bills fan. BURN PATRIOTS BURN!!!!1

>:D >:D >:D
:kiwf: :kiwf: :kiwf:
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

icecream-guy

NE is going up there on the hate team list along with the Cowboys and Steelers for winning too many superbowls.

deanwebb

Hey, waitaminit!

I like the Cowboys! And Steelers. And Patriots. And while I'd like the Falcons to win, I'm going to watch the game for the sake of the game and enjoy it if it's close, like the Pats-Seahawks 2 years ago. Last year's and the Broncos-Seahawks games were just runaway ridiculous and were pretty much over after the first 137 touchdowns scored by the winning team in each contest...