Perpetual Weekend Thread

Started by deanwebb, April 08, 2016, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

It's on, March madness,  I've like 50 BB games to follow between yesterday and next Sunday
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

I get to continue dealing with the guys putting in my new bathrooms.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Playing the new Tom Clancy game. Need a free weekend of no IT.

-Otanx

SimonV

Didn't have a weekend last week, and then on projects for two weeks non-stop, so catching up on time with the kids

wintermute000

Quote from: Otanx on March 15, 2017, 04:00:43 PM
Playing the new Tom Clancy game. Need a free weekend of no IT.

-Otanx
I need a free weekend of no kids to catch up on IT!!! #nonstopstudylife

deanwebb

I wish I hadn't answered this thread on Wednesday. Now it feels like I'm working on a Saturday. :(
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on March 16, 2017, 08:43:57 AM
I wish I hadn't answered this thread on Wednesday. Now it feels like I'm working on a Saturday. :(

you should be watching basketball, it's on now,

oh that's right you are an hour behind, so the games wont start for another hour for you

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on March 16, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

oh that's right you are an hour behind, so the games wont start for another hour for you
No, we did a spring forward, so it's now an hour later all the time until November.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on March 16, 2017, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: ristau5741 on March 16, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

No, we did a spring forward, so it's now an hour later all the time until November.

Forgot about the short weekend last week.

deanwebb

Speaking of weekends, all our members in the US government sector are still keeping an eye on the Congress... the stopgap funding bill just cleared the House and is likely to clear the Senate. It will keep the money taps turned on for another week, during which time Congress should hopefully pass a bill to keep the rest of FY 2017 funded.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on April 28, 2017, 10:26:13 AM
Speaking of weekends, all our members in the US government sector are still keeping an eye on the Congress... the stopgap funding bill just cleared the House and is likely to clear the Senate. It will keep the money taps turned on for another week, during which time Congress should hopefully pass a bill to keep the rest of FY 2017 funded.

maybe I can use some of my vacation.  of maybe I should hold it until the end of the fiscal year.
LWOP sucks.

got 2 8 lb whole roaster chickens going in the smoker this weekend.

deanwebb

4-day weekend here in the USA... so far, I've spent it in catching up on some shows I watch, doing some more videos on networking, reading up on RADIUS change of authorization, and, if I can keep this party going... I'm going to restart my CISSP study.

:bole:

deanwebb

Vacation for me on the next three days. I will have no email availability.

YES!

:wootwoot: :yahoo: :ninjaturtle: :joy: :banana: :batdance: :cheers: :dance: :pub: :rock: :partay: :woohoo: :dj:

burnyd

I think I am mainly frustrated with customers who just do not care to learn anything newer than the 3 tier model of 1980s networking yet the rest of their organization is driving them towards newer ideas and though processes.

deanwebb

Quote from: burnyd on July 06, 2017, 11:52:45 AM
I think I am mainly frustrated with customers who just do not care to learn anything newer than the 3 tier model of 1980s networking yet the rest of their organization is driving them towards newer ideas and though processes.

So... you spend your weekends getting frustrated?

:problem?: