Perpetual Weekend Thread

Started by deanwebb, April 08, 2016, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wintermute000

Quote from: burnyd on July 06, 2017, 11:52:45 AM
I think I am mainly frustrated with customers who just do not care to learn anything newer than the 3 tier model of 1980s networking yet the rest of their organization is driving them towards newer ideas and though processes.
+111111
Extra burn if it's security architects insisting on default gateways on firewalls and that ECMP is insecure because networks should be session based (that's almost a direct quote FML)

deanwebb

Comp time Friday because of outage Wednesday and maintenance Saturday night.

I will take this moment to be very thankful my employer is down with the concept of comp time. :woohoo:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Wife and I signed up for SCUBA classes so this weekend we have to do the CBT part that is a prerequisite for the real class, and dives. Also I have a new blog I am starting. Got signed up on WordPress, and got the basics setup, now I just need to write my first post. So this weekend I am writing up a recap of Cisco Live as my first post. Want to get something up while I still have the momentum.

-Otanx

deanwebb

When it's ready, shoot us the URL and we can add it to our blog part of the forums!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

Started upgrade at 8PM last night... 3 hours of sleep from 0330 to 0630... still doing the upgrades... made one change and then...

:whatudo:

user portal for guest wireless isn't working... got the development guy from the vendor on the WebEx to help with that issue... still have a bunch of patches to apply after this gets fixed...

I think I'll be having some MAJOR comp time a-comin' this week...

:gangsta:

Otanx

Apparently I am going to review, and maybe update my resume this weekend (Thanks Dean, and Ristau). Also going diving this weekend. Will be my second dive after we got certified. SCUBA is so peaceful. Nobody can talk to you, you can't talk to anyone, and best of all there is no cell phone reception 40ft underwater.

Looking at my last post in this Thread I was supposed to get a blog post up. That never happened. I do have one on SNMPv3 95% done. I just need to spin up a linux VM so I can validate some syntax, and get screenshots. Maybe do that Sunday while watching football.

deanwebb

I plan to get more work done for my RSA proposal and enjoy some faster Internet getting installed today. Also need to study for my FSCA exam.

icecream-guy

I get to go see my mother-in-law who is on her death bed and waiting to die.  She's been waiting to die for like 2 weeks now. Trying to starve herself to death. (Don't be sorry, it was her own choice to give up on life like she did. It is what it is)

now on to brighter thinks

canning tomatoes...again,
smoking my last NY Strip Steak roast. (w/applewood)
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

NetworkGroover

DJ Gig... chill with family.. house work.. maybe read up on some MPLS.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

icecream-guy

Quote from: ristau5741 on September 15, 2017, 01:49:28 PM
I get to go see my mother-in-law who is on her death bed and waiting to die.  She's been waiting to die for like 2 weeks now. Trying to starve herself to death. (Don't be sorry, it was her own choice to give up on life like she did. It is what it is)

now on to brighter thinks

canning tomatoes...again,
smoking my last NY Strip Steak roast. (w/applewood)

YAY I don't dave to go.  Wife decided she doesn't want to see her mother in that condition.

deanwebb

Still, wow... that is hard to have to go through.

Over here in Dallas, I'm helping my mom with her radio show and then I'm gonna have tacos for lunch.

deanwebb

Quote from: deanwebb on September 15, 2017, 12:00:56 PM
I plan to get more work done for my RSA proposal and enjoy some faster Internet getting installed today. Also need to study for my FSCA exam.
Finished my RSA proposal earlier this week and I just passed the FSCA exam. Looks like this weekend is going to be for taking it easy as a reward for my efforts.

wintermute000

The never ending deluge of kid stuff. Two kids under four = 24x7 kid stuff

deanwebb

Quote from: wintermute000 on September 23, 2017, 06:20:03 AM
The never ending deluge of kid stuff. Two kids under four = 24x7 kid stuff

I've got three kids over 14. One lives in an apartment on her own, one's in college and living quietly at home, and the youngest does a lot of stuff with her art, so we just stay out of her way and she keeps out of ours.

Once youngest is in college, then options for travel really open up.

icecream-guy

2 racks of baby back ribs ready to go in the smoker tomorrow. mmmmmmmm should take  about 5 hours 215 -220 degrees. using a mix of hardwoods and some home-made rub and sauce.