Perpetual Weekend Thread

Started by deanwebb, April 08, 2016, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on November 28, 2017, 07:59:43 AM
This coming weekend, I get to leave late Sunday to be at a client site by Monday morning.

Gonna miss the battle of the birds?   Eagles Vs. Seahawks.
I DVR'd the Ravens' Houston game last night. gonna watch Houston self destruct.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

If that's the evening game, I'll be in the hotel in time to watch it. I'll be driving to the location, so I can better time my arrival. :smug:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Quote from: ristau5741 on November 28, 2017, 10:46:53 AM

wasn't as bad as I hoped. Pretty decent game.  Missed last 5 mins of the 4th quarter due to the game running long.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on November 29, 2017, 06:53:08 AM
Quote from: ristau5741 on November 28, 2017, 10:46:53 AM

wasn't as bad as I hoped. Pretty decent game.  Missed last 5 mins of the 4th quarter due to the game running long.

That one big push TD the Ravens made was on the highlights reels, so I did catch that one.

This just in: Giants going with Geno Smith over Eli Manning... that's pretty dang bad if you have to reach for Geno Smith...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

HOLIDAY ALERT!!!

Christmas Day, day after Christmas are going to be holidays in many places around the world.

For those of you getting the holiday, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

For those of you not getting the holiday, keep the on-call phone charged up. :smug:

Don't worry, those getting Christmas have to cover during Eid and other holidays, it all balances out.

But for me, I want to wish a Christmas Mubarak to one and to all!

icecream-guy

big football weekend, this weekend, plan on watching BOTH games on Sunday,
the Puppybowl, then the Superbowl.

Not sure which will be more interesting

deanwebb

Fingers crossed that the Philly Eagles put up a good fight. For the whole game. Don't want to see another 38 point lead get blown...

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on February 02, 2018, 09:56:45 AM
Fingers crossed that the Philly Eagles put up a good fight. For the whole game. Don't want to see another 38 point lead get blown...

founding fathers against the US national birds.
at least it's patriotic

I'm hoping for the Beagles, oh, I mean Eagles also....

deanwebb

WHAT A GAME. Further discussion in the NFL thread...  :zomg: :wootwoot: :yahoo: :batdance: :rock: :pub: :cheers: :woohoo:

deanwebb

Customer site to work a major outage!

:kidwoohoo:

deanwebb

I'm not dead, I'm just getting back from PTO. Finally got decent Internet at home... my room at the hotel kept picking up on an AP from a neighboring hotel.

deanwebb

Just found out I start my weekend late next weekend... got a customer with an emergency issue. Fun started this morning at 8:30am, went all day, got a break before the call later tonight, then I fly up there on Sunday to be onsite Mon-Fri, fly home Saturday, get home around 6pm.

Plus side is I get comp time and loads of miles 'n' points.

icecream-guy

I was tending fire yesterday, smoked 2 6lb brisket flats, took about 10 1/2 hours, then as a sucker. I made burnt ends after dinner, which took another 90 minutes.
pretty good day, I got alot done while the meat was smoking

deanwebb

In NYC now, and there's a weird rash on my left arm and hand I noticed while I was getting off the plane.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on July 15, 2018, 06:54:34 PM
In NYC now, and there's a weird rash on my left arm and hand I noticed while I was getting off the plane.

You must be in New York. Rash is probably from the New Jersey Dumps