Perpetual Weekend Thread

Started by deanwebb, April 08, 2016, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Could very well be. I notice that with the rain today, the rash has gone down. :smug:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

config t

On the midnight to 8am shift.. haven't slept yet and sitting at an American Legion Post in Earle, NJ having my first beer in over a week. I'm tired but the sweet nectar of Yuingling is keeping me going.
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

Resting my back right now as it started to twitch this morning. Good news is that my chores are finished and I've got a new episode of The Grand Tour to enjoy. :)
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

WE NEED A WEEKEND THREAD AGAIN

Looking forward to having my brother and his sons come over for a visit. We're planning to do a service project together and then play some board games. Fun times!

Otanx

Still staying home most of the time. I am in the high risk category if I get COVID so staying away from people as much as I can. This weekend it is mostly chores. Working on cleaning up part of the garage, and the back porch. With the nice weather we want to sit out there, but it is pretty cluttered right now. Also need to get a new tire on my truck. Last time I went off road one of them got ripped up.

-Otanx

Dieselboy

UK is in lockdown again. Spoke to my friend there and he's planning on fixing up his house and his car. He recently got a classic truck imported from USA and he's just got it on the road.

I'm trying to make the most of the "not-in-lockdown-at-the-moment" phase we're in here in Australia. This weekend we had karts. I managed to come 3rd overall so I'm happy with that. I seemed to have one of the slowest karts but was able to move up in the results from 6th once I figured out the corners. There were far too many crashes by the others. I'm on the far left here with my two mates to the right of me. Everyone else is friends of friends. Was good fun  :mrgreen:

deanwebb

Lockdown sucks, but hospitals overwhelmed with patients is even worse, trust me... so glad that the vaccine trials are looking solid so far.

Dieselboy

Quote from: deanwebb on November 09, 2020, 11:03:12 AM
Lockdown sucks, but hospitals overwhelmed with patients is even worse, trust me... so glad that the vaccine trials are looking solid so far.

But are they? Last info I saw was the vaccine is only lasting for a few weeks so you'd need to be jabbed every few weeks to stay immunised. Might be OK for health care workers but I cant see that being viable for general public.

deanwebb

Yeah, we don't yet know the longevity of the vaccine. If only a few months or less and if it requires elaborate storage systems, it's probably going to be hospital/government only for a while. On the other hand, those are the guys that need it most so that they can stay in the medical front lines.

Dieselboy

I suppose it is a step in the right direction. At least it will help stop the spread from person to person if some people are short-term immunised.

deanwebb

Meanwhile, I put in my PTO for November and December. I'll have all 5 days of Thanksgiving Week off and the 24th of December - January 2nd. I have some use 'em or lose 'em days already, so it's time to use 'em.

Otanx

I am in the same boat with my PTO. Like you I have Christmas to New Years already approved. I have two more days I have to take before the end of the year. I am probably going to take the week off before Christmas. COVID kind of messed up my plans. I was supposed to have gone to Florida earlier this year which would have put me under the PTO cap. Going to hold on to as much PTO as I can, and once this is over take a good long vacation somewhere. My company allows us to take up to 30 days in a row.

-Otanx

icecream-guy

Quote from: Otanx on November 11, 2020, 10:19:48 AM
My company allows us to take up to 30 days in a row.

-Otanx

30 Business days, or 30 days including weekends?

I'm still waiting for the Noobs to get activated into the on call rotation, then, if I am not on call. I will take off between Christmas and New Year.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on November 11, 2020, 12:04:58 PM

I'm still waiting for the Noobs to get activated into the on call rotation, then, if I am not on call. I will take off between Christmas and New Year.

The day the new guy gets into the call rotation schedule:

:bole:

Otanx

30 business days. So 6 weeks. A couple years ago I got close taking Thanksgiving to New Years off.

You guys don't throw them on the rotation day 1? Trial by fire.

-Otanx