Started by ggnfs000, January 05, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggnfs000

My resume

GUEN GN

Software Quality Assurance Engineer,
Cisco Systems., Unified Computing Systems QA group

May 2011 – Current
- TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 1.2 / 2.0 test case development, regression, execution and bug tracking.
- Secure boot test case development, regression, execution and bug tracking. Developed Secure boot UEFI variable binary blob parser.
- x86 PCIe subsystem error handling test case development, regression, execution. PCIe subsystem bus error injection plan using Agilent error injector device.
- Intel Xeon CPU test case development regression, execution and bug tracking: gained familiarity/proficiency with various Intel technologies: Intel(R) SpeedStep, Intel(R)Turbo boost, Single-Root IO Virtualization, cache coherency, 
- PXE (preboot execution server) setup both in UEFI/legacy mode in Windows / Linux and maintenance.
- Vmware auto-deploy boot server setup and maintenance.
- Automated tools and test framework development using Python 2.7.

Systems Engineer, 
Dell Inc., OEM Solutions Group, Feb 2010 – April 2011.

- Dell M610 Server BIOS USB initialization debug/root cause

Software Development Engineer,
General Software Inc, Bellevue WA
Aug 2007 – Sept 2008
Phoenix Technologies, Bellevue WA Sept 2008 – Feb 2009
Software Development Intern, General Software Inc, Bellevue WA Jan 2007 – Aug 2007

x86 embedded board bring up experience working with technologies: ACPI, APIC, SMM, SMBIOS, PCIe, Intel MRC code, x86 protected mode architecture on assembly based legacy BIOS.

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES/TOOLS/SKILLS:
- Languages: C / C++ / x86 assembly in DOS, Linux environment, Java, Linux shell script, proficient in TCL and Python scripting. 
-Software Development/Debugging Tools: SVN / GIT version control,  DOS Navigator, IDA Pro x86 ASM disassembler, Intel ITP / ITP II debugger.
-QA tools: iometer, CPU 2006 processor benchmark, Wireshark network monitoring, iperf network performance.
- Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio.
- Linux (Ubuntu) kernel build/installation and limited debugging. Proficient in Windows 2008 R2, RHEL 6.1/6.2, VMware ESXi5.0 installation/configuration/light administrative tasks.

EDUCATION
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Washington State University 2006 

COURSEWORK CONCENTRATION
Linux Systems programming.
x86 ASM, microcontrollers.

Advanced data structure in C/C++.

Exposure to following applications during coursework: Matlab, ORCad circuit Design, LabView, Xilinx webPack / ModelSim VHDL simulation).

CLASS / PERSONAL PROJECTS / ACTIVITIESS
RFID System Capstone Project sponsored by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (http://www.pnl.gov/).
RFID reader device firmware enhancement: TI MSP430 microcontroller interface to ADF7030 wireless transceiver to implement two-way communication channel with RFID tag using timers / interrupt handler modules software modules.

Linux EXT2 file system project. Implemented EXT2 file system binary which emulates common Linux shell file manipulation commands using system call library. Create and maintain the valid ext2 file structures, inodes to be accessible by real linux system.

Design and implementation of Linux multi-processing executable binary loadable from FDD boot disk drive.Through course offering at Washington State University, worked on the project for creating minimal linux-like kernel that involves implementation of process scheduler, context/task switching and process user and kernel space

Source: My resume

deanwebb

And now, the recruiters will pound on your email box, demanding entry!

No need to include class projects, though. You're working at Cisco for the last 5 years, so that's what people want to talk about. Also drop the coursework and move skills to the top.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Also need to quantify to show value,  companies are looking for valuable employees....
:excited:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

This is turning into a resume clinic. Nice!

Ristau is right: "show value" should have some money figure attached to it. If in doubt, estimate. If you put a few minutes into it and use imagination, you will find the figure that looks right for what value you showed or saved.

Also, if you managed a project or assisted in the management of a project, include the cost and scope, so you can demonstrate what size project you've worked on.

"I installed NAC" is not helpful.

"I installed NAC, a project with (x) budget, (y) sites globally, and with (z) employees in the company" is very descriptive and gets right to the point: I can do this sort of thing with these types of parameters.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

that1guy15

I like to see pictures of cats. The more you show the more of a technical master I feel you are.

Add in Cat gifs and you are a wizard!!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

deanwebb

Quote from: that1guy15 on January 06, 2017, 03:29:37 PM
I like to see pictures of cats. The more you show the more of a technical master I feel you are.

Add in Cat gifs and you are a wizard!!

Dude, if I got a printed resume that had functioning animation on it, I would want to work for the guy that did that.